Pets with the baby!

iVillage Member
Pets with the baby!
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 9:56am
How's everyone's pets doing? Our dog is so happy I was a surrogate for her so she could have a baby. :-P
One of our cats just cautiously sniffs the baby when Isaac is asleep or just had a bath. The other cat, who we called "Saint Einstein" before we ever even had the munchkin is living up to his name. He lets Isaac do anything to him. This morning Isaac was yanking his fur while quite enthusiastically kicking him in the head... Cat's just laying there letting it go. lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 2:35pm

Please no judging for this, but we actually gave our dog to my dad right after AC was born.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 2:40pm
Oh I totally understand. We had no doubts our pets would be fine with the baby, BUT we still had the "Just so we're on the same page" talk about giving up any critter that was a threat to Isaac.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 5:04pm
My dog loves Noelle. She follows me everywhere I go with her. When Noelle cries my dog is the first one there. My niece actually helped prepare my dog. She is two and pulls and climbs all over my dog. She actually says "ride!" then goes running over and tries to climb all over and ride the dog.
My cats are indifferent to Noelle. However they all love to lay in her crib when shes not in it.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 8:01am
Lol@scmommy, so ur saying ur dog went crazy? Lol poor thing had a nervous break down with the new baby!

My dog alley was my baby prior to bringing RJ home. But she doesn't have a problem with the newbaby. We set RJ and the dog down and let them meet.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 9:10am

Yes, she pretty much lost her mind.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 4:09pm
My dog loves Aubrey, she always wants to give kisses, but I hate it because she always sneaks a big wet one on her face. I'm very careful with them though, as you should be with any animal near a baby, but since Cali is close to 65lbs, I'm afraid of her not knowing her strength. Shes such a sweet dog though, she lets my nieces hang all over her and you could literally put an egg in her mouth and she won't break it.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 4:10pm
We actually gave one of our dogs to my Step-Mom and Dad before Connor was born. We had 5 dogs at that time, and I knew it would be way too much with 5 dogs, a 2 year old, and a newborn. Lady is much happier with them, as she gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more attention than she did here, and the 4 remaining dogs are sooooooooooo much calmer without her here, lol.

Photobucket