Pregnant women can get things done, too.

iVillage Member
Pregnant women can get things done, too.
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 4:54pm

I thought, considering the state that many of us, at least, seem to be in now that T3 is well underway, we could start a post to brag about what we have been able to accomplish, and cheer each other on.

For instance, today I moved a 6" pile of 12x12 cardboard ceiling tiles off my washer, put all DH's bits and pieces of fasteners into a little box, and wiped the dust from the clear half of the top of the washer.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 6:09pm

My accomplishment is just keeping caught up with the house.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 9:26pm

Yay, FLYLady!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 11:10am
That birthday party had to be exhausting! My accomplishment was bday related too. :) Hubby's bday was yesterday and I cleaned the whole house so it would be nice when he got home, and baked a lemon pie for his birthday dessert!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 12:44pm
I worked 9 hours, made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner, helped my daughter with her homework, did 2 loads of laundry and had time left over to spend with DH all before 11:45 pm. Frankly, though, it's nothing to brag about since that's pretty much a normal day.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 2:34pm

The theme was iCarly, that's my girls favorite tv show.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 4:00pm
Still working outside the home 8 hours a day, otherwise I could be getting a lot more done at home!

I'm doing all the laundry (though I enlist the hubby's assistance in basket carrying up & down the stairs for heavy loads), dish washing and household organizing. My DH is in charge of cooking now since my hot water burn incident this weekend!

Spent the weekend cleaning out the desk, sewing Halloween costumes, cleaning out the kid's dressers and going through outgrown clothes. On a less-physical note, I completed and turned in our pre-approval paperwork for our first house (fingers crossed!!). That was stressful, so much to read and complete and sign.

Up next...finishing up the sewing projects for the nursery.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 6:57pm

I think I'm counting the fact that I'm still working full time as a surgical tech my accomplishment. It's a physically/ mentally demanding job even when you're not preggers! The housework usually waits until the weekend though, I'm generally beat by the time I get home so I refuse to feel to bad about that!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 10:54pm

We're a busy bunch!

Sunni, I think the fact that you can get all that done in a regular day is an accomplishment.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 10:35am
Usually most of my accomplishments I count as working three 12 hour night shifts in a row for work. Anything on top of that is a bonus! Lol. Today though I will do laundry and cook dinner and possibly bake cookies. Although that might happen tomorrow since my wonderful coworkers are throwing me a baby shower.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 11:58am

Great idea!

So far this week, I've washed our duvet cover and sheets, decided on our insurance for next year (both of our open enrollments are this month and a bunch of things changed), and met with 2 more possible daycare providers.

Yesterday was a wash - I worked from 8 AM to 7 PM then went up to my sister's to check on my nephew who had to go Childrens Hospital for some tests. Luckily, all things came back negative and he seemed to be doing better so it was good to see him. So I didn't get home until 10 and by that time crawled into bed so I can't say I got much "done."

Today after work I have a meet & greet with a pediatrician then my DH and are babysitting our friends' 20 mos and 3 mos old boys while they go out to dinner for her b-day. I don't think I'll get much done around the house tonight either. And I don't feel one iota of guilt over it either! :smileywink: