Pretty sure I'm in labor...

iVillage Member
Pretty sure I'm in labor...
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 1:02pm

Started yesterday evening, getting some contractions. I was working from home and they were getting intense enough that I started timing them. They were about 10 minutes apart but not terribly bad, just noticable.

Was up quite a bit last night because even after drinking plenty of water and laying down in bed, they were still coming. I was able to sleep about 45 mins straight, that was my longest stretch, otherwise I was waking each time a contraction came.

Got up this morning and they still weren't terribly strong so I took my son to school and went to work. Of course, it's my BUSIEST week of the year, no exaggeration. I"m trying to get done the things that only I do and my sub can do the rest, but these contractions are definitely getting stronger, so we'll see how much longer I last before I high-tail it out of here!

I'm definitely having more back pain than I had with my son, the back ache is nearly constant, contractions still about 10 mins apart but stronger (they begin in my back/sides and squeeze to the front and then finish down low in the pelvis). Quite a bit of pressure too.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 3:05am
Good luck! I had back labor this time, it sucked! My butt would actually hurt with contractions.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 12:15pm

Any news yet? So exciting....

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 4:12pm
Ugh...well I'm still here and I'm STILL pregnant!

I spoke to L&D, who told me that it sounds like my body is doing what it needs to do to dilate & all that, but after a full day of regular contractions they never got closer together than 7-10 mins apart and they never got more intense. I had ruled out false labor because they were so consistent even with changing positions, with rest, with activity, everything was the same. After almost exactly 24 hours, the contractions have tapered off and the back pain is gone (thank goodness).

But I am super-irritated!! I full day of pain for what appears to be nothing! LOL Baby is very active though and I do have quite a bit more pressure in my vaginal area, so it feels like perhaps I did have some progress. Just hanging in there, we'll see what the next few days looks like (hopefully fully productive!!).

Thanks for thinking of me :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 4:27pm

Totally understand why you're bummed you're still preggo but glad everything is okay! Like you said, hopefully the enxt couple days will prove to be productive!

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 4:47pm

Glad to hear from you as I have been checking in waiting to see if you had baby!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 6:02pm

L&D actually told me NOT to come in until I'm closer in the contractions. I have an appt with my OB early next week so she'll check me for dilation then.

I just got off the phone with my mom and she told me that it was similar to when she delivered me! LOL She said she had contractions for a day at home and finally said, "enough is enough" and went to the hospital. They just went ahead and broke her water and that, of course, increased the contractions but it was still 10 HOURS until she was dilated enough to push! Ugh, I'd much rather do most of my laboring at home so I'm okay with waiting to go to L&D until I'm really ready!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 8:30pm
Yay for progress!
Photobucket

Pages