QOTW: Are you a working or SAHM?

iVillage Member
QOTW: Are you a working or SAHM?
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 9:35am

I thought this week maybe we could get to know a little more about each other.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 9:40am

I like to say I am a working SAHM lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 11:19am
I'm working now, but plan to sort of go part time when he arrives. I'm currently a banquet supervisor and will end up going to be a part time server (since they need 2 full time supervisors I doubt they'd let me keep my current job part time). Work doesn't know I plan to do this, they think I'm coming back full time, but once I actually take my leave I'll let them know.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 12:20pm
I work full-time out of the home as a purchasing agent for a catalog company. I've worked there for 14 years & will have to go back to work after the new baby. Fortunately I do have the option to do SOME of my work from home, so I'm hoping to do at least one (hopefully two) days a week at home.
The baby will be with my parents while I'm working, they live about 10 mins from me.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 12:25pm
Allison - Sounds like a sweet schedule!

Danielle - I think working part time would be the best of both worlds.

AFM, I work full time and will continue to do so. I teach 5th grade for the time being (I'm working on a grad degree and hoping to only teach one or two more years). My dd goes to a church preschool and they have before/after care. This baby will go to the daycare there as well.

What I'm having trouble deciding is what I'm going to do about school. I have 4 classes left for my degree. I plan to take two in the fall. I just don't see myself taking classes in the Spring (which is so busy at work) and with a new baby. At the same time, if I don't finish the last two classes in the Spring, I will be adding another full year before I finish my degree because of the way the capstone is offered. I don't want to kill myself, at the same time, I really want to finish this degree.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 3:19pm
I usually work full time ( recently laid off, but just got a job on thursday!) I work as a nurse manager/director. I, too, am finishing my grad degree and will be finishing it up on my maternity leave.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 3:31pm
I am a police officer, so is DH. I will take off for three months once the baby is born, DH will take two months off. Once I go back to work I'm going to work mid nite shift 10 to 6. DD goes to school from 945 to 345. While at work the baby will be with his grandmother or god mother til dh gets off
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 4:06pm
I am currently a SAHM (used to work from home, but they don't have any work for me right now). I am in school, though, so my current DS is going to start childcare next week in preparation for when school starts again. I am also *sort of* looking for a part time job (although I may start my own business from home instead). It will depend on whether I have a job outside the home or not as to whether the new one will go to childcare or not (I plan on keeping DS1 in even if I work from home again spring semester, even though I'm taking online classes then).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 5:42pm

I am a stay at home mommy. I will continue to do so until Addelaide is in school full time. I have been very blessed to be able to do so.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 10:20pm
I worked full time up until Friday, will be part time til mid-November ish. At which point I will be a stay at home mom until who knows when! I was planning on going back to work part time but was informed by my husband that is unacceptable and he wants me raising the kiddo. lol I know that sounds bad... but I was kinda hoping he'd feel that way. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 10:03am
I worked as an interior designer for 10 years in commercial interiors and loved it. when DS was born I became a stay at home mom, and call it my second career :)
Photobucket

Pages