QOTW: What are you doing that you said you wouldn't?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What are you doing that you said you wouldn't?
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 12:47pm

Is there anything that you are already doing which you swore you wouldn't?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member

For me it is co-sleeping.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
O am in the same boat Allison. Although really it is not as frequent as it was. Once I put Noelle in her crib it seemed better. However in the morning we often fall asleep in the chair together and when we are not at home (we visted my parents a few weeks ago) she was definitely in our bed. My DH is very against it (he allows it now because she is so young). I never wanted to be a co sleeper mom but looks like it snuck up on me.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member

Dixie, I told my DH that if he didn't like co-sleeping, he could be the one to go sleep in the crib.

iVillage Member
Oh I would pay good money to see my DH in the crib, lol. I also wanted to say its funny but Noelle is on about the same schedule as Mayhem! She goes to bed about 10ish and wakes up around 2-3 depending on how much sleep she wants us to get. As to nursing in the bed I cannot figure out how to do it not spazzy like laying down. And I need something to support my back while sitting up which is not an option in by bed (the head board is not good for leaning against).
My DH does wake up when she cries though because he is on diaper change duty while I stumble into the living room to get ready to feed her.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member

Not really, although I said I wouldn't co sleep and I am not, but its not really by choice at this point. I WANT to co sleep now. We were until Addie had her breathing episode, we even co-slept in the hospital but there she had the portable monitors. Now we CAN'T she has to be in her crib where she is laying on the monitor board :( I miss co sleeping with her and want to so badly but am too scared that she will stop breathing again and then it would be all my fault that she wasn't where alarms would go off.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
What am I doing that I said I wouldn't? I am going back to work in one week and I have been telling my husband that I would only have another child if I didn't have to work. Well, unfortunately here I am and I'm literally kicking and screaming about having to go back :( I'm fortunate that my mom & dad will be watching him, but I want to be the one with him all day, the one to raise him, not my parents, and I'm so angry and upset that I don't get to do that.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Cosleeping here too. Miranda is in her crib the beginning of the night and then around 4am back in my bed because I'm too tired.
iVillage Member
Swore I wouldn't co-sleep too... Annnnd he's in bed with me between 1 and 4 AM every morning.
iVillage Member

I am so glad I'm not the only one!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Nope. I seriously swore up and down I would NOT do that... And he was going in his crib, not the pack n play... Well, then he came out preemie so the no crib thing went out the window. Then we realized he slept better with me and the no-cosleeping went out the window. lol

Pages