QOTW: What do you have left to buy?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What do you have left to buy?
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 4:27pm

I know a bunch of us are having showers (or have already had them) so I was just curious what everyone has left to get before baby arrives?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 1:03am
Ack you all just reminded me I still need to get my pump, bottles and nursing gear (camis, nip-pads etc...) Crap. Add me to the slightly panicked group. lol
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 8:47am
I haven't had a shower yet (haven't sat down and planned it/invited people yet....yes, I'll be throwing my own shower, as no one has offered to do it for me. I threw the one for my DS, too.), but the things that we still need are:

Crib Mattress (which my Dad/Step-Mom are going to buy)

Clothes in sizes 12 month and under (have all of my DS's clothes from 12 month up...sold all the rest at a yard sale the weekend I got pg with this one, lol)

Maybe a few infant toys

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's about it. We have the crib and car seat already and everything from our DS except clothes and a mattress, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 11:10am
My co-workers threw me a shower last week and I received some very nice things there. My cousin's wife is throwing me a larger family shower in two weeks, so I'd expect to get some great things there too and then my husband & I will crack down after that and make the rest of the necessary purchases ourselves.

We need a crib & mattress (though that can wait a few months after the birth, he'll be sleeping that Fisher Price Rocker thingy next to my bed for the first few months anyway).
We need a diaper bag. I also need diapers! I have a few infant sized, but I also want to get the G-Pants to use after the first few weeks.
Need burp cloths. We have a desk that I'll be using as a changing table but I need the contour changing pad & covers.
A Boppy for sure, that is a must in saving my back while nursing. And a rocking chair to put next to my bed for night nursing.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 12:26pm

My shower is on Nov 12th. I will know better after then but its mainly little things at this point. The only big things we need is the pack n play and a high chair. Other wise its just small things and toys. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 1:18pm

My shower is on the 11th of Nov. so we'll see...

But dipaers, and a bouncy seat...plus some of the things like gas drops and what not. The biggest thing is a twin bed/trundle for the nursery. ITs our guest room now so we'll need a place for guests and maybe me to crash on occasion. Been stalking craiglist like a hawk. I'd like to find a little area rug too. Other than that we're about done. My mom is having the bedding made, and bought some stuff to decorate the room with this weekend...

Its getting so close!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:52am

Nothing that I desperately need.

I would like to buy more Fuzzibunz and more baby washcloths, but I'm going to wait until after DX shows up so I know which colours to buy, and more teeny winter clothes (both boys were summer babies) and sleepers, again in the appropriate colours.

I would also like to get one of the zip-in carseat covers, but it's not necessary, especially since DH is quite set on this being our last baby.

Pages