QOTW: What does your nursery look like?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What does your nursery look like?
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 10:45am

I know we have had a few threads about nursery colors/themes, etc., but I thought it might be fun to hear what everyone is planning to do in their little one's room.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 9:46pm
princess12382 wrote:

We have not gotten to start yet due to the move, but as soon as we get there I am on it :) Can't wait!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 9:50pm
The bees are adorable.

I think that is the hard part about gender "neutral' items....they just don't really look gender neutral when put next to the boy girl stuff. They look too girly to be boy and to boyish to be girl.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 10:11pm
sunrenay wrote:

Both are cute! My husband is a bee keeper and wants me to do bees. I might have to hunt down some of those pieces.

It really is darling!!! I say if your ok wiht it not being too girly or too boyish, go with it!! :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 11:05am
I can't do a whole room that way. I'm already feeling boxed in by H.A. balloon & kite so I think I need to broaden my idea.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 12:12pm
I feel kinda bad for this little guy....he isn't getting a nursery. Although I feel kinda bad for my DS as his nursery never got completed, lol. But this one will be rooming in with me and DH until I'm done breastfeeding and then I'm pretty sure that he will be sharing a room with DS. The amount of "stuff" we have as compared to the amount of "room" we have sort of makes that the best choice.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 12:35pm
I'm a seamstress by hobby so I'm making most of the nursery stuff, all in an under-the-sea theme. My DH is an avid fisherman, so I think it's appropriate :) We are going to displace my sewing room by moving all the machines & stuff into our bedroom (booo!!) and then the two 7-year olds will be getting bunk beds and going into that room (it already has a TV hooked up & a larger closet). The room that they are in currently will be the nursery and we have a desk that I'll use as the changing table & a matching dresser but we still need a crib.

I've been blogging about my sewing plans for the nursery http://paintedbutterflystudio1.blogspot.com/search/label/nursery

This is what I've got finished so far, a crib sized quilt (those are the colors & fabrics I'll be using throughout) and a few pieces for the felt mobile that I'm making.

Photobucket Inspired by this crab-themed fabric I've been holding onto for years. Lots of polka dots & stripes, my favorite!!

Photobucket

The first character in the felt mobile that I'm making. I have an angel fish done too but haven't taken any pics yet.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 12:52pm
You all sound like you have such cute rooms! Our current theme is "storage closet". lol We still have a whole bedroom set in there to get rid of so all the baby stuff just gets thrown in. Once we clear it out though the walls are neutral beige with white ceiling, baseboards and doors (same as the rest of our house) but Jill McDonald Adorable Dinos layette with the matching lamp and stretched canvas prints. :) I think it'll be cute! You ladies have it all planned out though, I've loved reading about the rooms!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 1:30pm

Julie, your quilt is adorable!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 3:06pm
Jess-
We have the same nursery right now! Lol! Hoping to get it cleaned out in october.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 3:46pm
for scmommy8 (theme is a French/travel theme).

I saw on Ohdeedoh's site about using Cavallini wrapping paper sheets in a frame for art. They have so many pretty vintage looking travel themed sheets, you'll have to check them out.
http://www.touchofeurope.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=tofe&Screen=SRCH&q=cavallini
Photobucket