QOTW: What does your nursery look like?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What does your nursery look like?
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 10:45am

I know we have had a few threads about nursery colors/themes, etc., but I thought it might be fun to hear what everyone is planning to do in their little one's room.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 3:47pm

Oh and thank you for the compliments on my quilt!! It's the first one I've ever made and I can't wait to get the rest of the room in place now :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 4:00pm

I love everyone's ideas so far!

We're not doing a particular theme or even a coordinated bedding set. Our color scheme is navy blue, lime green, and white. I registered for some sheets from Pottery Barn and bought a navy and white crib skirt from there too. We're going to add an extra ribbon of fabric in the lime green to coordinate. This past weekend my mom and I bought a few different fabrics to reupholster the glider we got from my sister and make a window valance along with some other accessories. Thank God for my mom; I can't sew a button on a shirt! :-)

We'll have to post pics when we're all done - all the nurseries sound so cute!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 5:03pm

Very cool - thank you!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 1:59am

OMGosh... You are doing an AMAZING job!!! His room is going to be just precious!! I can't wait to see pics of it all completed!! So fun!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 8:47am
You all describe such cute rooms!

As for our nursery, ever see hoarders... lol but seriously, everything was thrown in there about 17 months ago and the door has been closed ever since.

I do have plans though... we're going to pull everything out so I cab rewash and resanitize and reset it all where I want rge baby stuff. The walls will be a darkish brown with a blue border a little less than half way up. We're going to make shaped stencils and paint different colored clusters of shapes. I'm thinking of putting his name up as well and maybe the alphabet scattered around in the shape clusters... not sure on that yet.

We had painted the nursery a light khaki for Landon and had animals for decorating, but I need it to all be different. I did go in there the other day and forgot about this super cute long armed monkey hanging off the crib... it was a cute idea but not something I can handle seeing anymore.

And besides, he'll be in our room for a good while anyway... last night I actually thought about having dh set the crib up in our room instead of the nursery :/