QOTW: What is easy/hard?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What is easy/hard?
Sun, 01-22-2012 - 8:24pm

Just curious - what is easier and harder than you thought about your new little one?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 1:13pm
bookwormjess wrote:
Easier- getting out of the house. Isaac sleeps in his stroller like a champ. We can do restaurants, shopping, whatever, and he's just fine. I was expecting to be confined to the house because I see so many screaming babies at stores/restaurants.
Harder- I cannot put this child down. I've even tried putting him in his car seat but it's like if we are in the house he wants to be held. I love the little guy so I don't mind holding him but I hate listening to him shriek while I cook or do laundry or clean.

This weekend Nathan had an afternoon where he would just not let us put him down. My DH was out helping a friend move some furniture and I had to get some stuff done around the house so I popped him in the Baby Bjorn and went about my business. The upside - he slept for 2 hours like that and I got everything done I wanted to. The downside - it felt eerily reminescent of being 9 mos pregnant. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 1:46pm

Ali Claire is the same way and I was going to actually making the same suggestion - wearing the baby.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 6:39pm
Easier- its mt third baby so I'm more relaxed
Harder: Colicky evenings. Miranda cries if she's not held.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 10:18pm

I so, so, so third the suggestion to wear baby if s/he wants to be held.

Pages