QOTW: What is easy/hard?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What is easy/hard?
Sun, 01-22-2012 - 8:24pm

Just curious - what is easier and harder than you thought about your new little one?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-22-2012 - 8:29pm

For me, our night time sleep/schedule is much easier than I expected.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 2:27am

Easier: breaking the new baby in to our established schedule.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 9:30am

All in all, Nathan's a pretty easy baby so in many ways things are easier than I expected - he's sleeping well and we have a pretty good schedule in place. Even the logistics of getting him to/from daycare are easier than I expected. What's been harder for me actually has very little to do with Nathan - it's coordinating pumping and BF'ing now that I'm back at work. Pumping is just a much bigger pain in the arse than I expected, to be honest.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 9:40am

Personally, I hate pumping.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 11:23am
scmommy8 wrote:

Personally, I hate pumping.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 11:47am
Easy - loving and snuggling Maddie is definitely the easy part for me. Also, I am more patient with this being my 3rd and I am older (37) this time around. Also, I am more confident with breastfeeding this time.

Hard- juggling sports and school activities for my 3rd grader and 7th grader. We have only taken Maddie out of the house a handful of times so my DH is covering a lot of stuff. That will change of course as she gets a little older and less flu/cold concerns. Also, I miss being able to quickly hop in car to run errands and shop.
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 12:06pm
Easier than I thought: Naps and bedtime - Dillon is a great sleeper, I can literally lay him down while he's still awake and he'll fall asleep on his own. This is something I could never do with my oldest, who had to be held 24/7. Dillon goes to bed when we do, wakes just once during the night and goes right back to sleep.

Harder than I thought: Getting anything done around the house! I fully expected to be able to prep meals, clean house, sew, etc, but I'm lucky if I'm able to get the dishwasher loaded and laundry done (let alone put away!).
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 5:32pm
juliebutterfly2000 wrote:
Easier than I thought: Naps and bedtime - Dillon is a great sleeper, I can literally lay him down while he's still awake and he'll fall asleep on his own. This is something I could never do with my oldest, who had to be held 24/7. Dillon goes to bed when we do, wakes just once during the night and goes right back to sleep.

Harder than I thought: Getting anything done around the house! I fully expected to be able to prep meals, clean house, sew, etc, but I'm lucky if I'm able to get the dishwasher loaded and laundry done (let alone put away!).

I agree! It's washed and folded but never put away! I'm also having trouble with the sleeplessness. I don't require much sleep but I, apparently, need it all in 1 chunk. William doesn't seem to be able to settle himself down yet and I'm worried the future will require hardcore CIO. I'm not against

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 7:17pm
Oh I totally agree I HATE pumping. I am doing a very bad job of building up my at home stock and I know I need to so my peanut has something to eat when I go back to work. However I cannot stand pumping, I would rather Noelle nurse 20 hours a day then pump. Its annoying, and I am glad Im not the only one who thinks so.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 12:54pm
Easier- getting out of the house. Isaac sleeps in his stroller like a champ. We can do restaurants, shopping, whatever, and he's just fine. I was expecting to be confined to the house because I see so many screaming babies at stores/restaurants.
Harder- I cannot put this child down. I've even tried putting him in his car seat but it's like if we are in the house he wants to be held. I love the little guy so I don't mind holding him but I hate listening to him shriek while I cook or do laundry or clean.

Pages