QOTW: What type of birth?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What type of birth?
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 8:13am
Just curious what type of birth (natural, medicated, vbac, c-section) that everyone is hoping for? I say hoping for because I know it's not always possible as things happen sometimes.
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 8:15am
I'm having a repeat c-section. I'm hoping it goes smoothly like my last one - I was up walking around that evening. I'm thinking recovery might be a little harder this time though since I'll also have a 2-year-old.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 9:20am
I'd like mine to be exactly like it was with DD-- Although i was induced with her. I labored unmedicated til about 5-6cm when my water broke, got an epidural (amazing), then had her about 3 hours later in 2 pushes :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 9:51am
I am hoping for an unmedicated vaginal birth. With my DS I had one small shot of Stadol that didn't do a thing (other than make me sleep between contractions), so I know I can do it without anything. So that's my plan.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 10:10am
My plan is to have an inmedicated vaginal birth. With DD I labored until the very last mintue, some fool decided to say it may burn while pushing and that made me request an epi. Well the epi never kicked in, had a few pushes she was out and I was up walking and eating. RJ already kicks me like my belly is a soccer ball so I can't imagine how he's gonna be when he's ready to come out. I want to be able to go into labor on my own at home and wait til the last minute to go to the hospital lol but like u said not everything is possible.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 12:33pm
Oh I'm so jealous of you fast pushers! I'm already a little anxious about that this time it was over two hour if pushing for me and I dint think I would survive last time I was so tired lol

I'm hoping to have an epi again this time. I"d like not to have the pitocin this time....so hopefully my water doesn't break before labor again.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 1:30pm

If I could choose I would have another birth like my first one, vaginal with epidural...but with twins, who knows?!?

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 7:02pm
I'm hoping for an unmedicated vaginal birth and going through most of the labor at home with my doula...*fingers crossed* it goes that way!
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 7:54pm
I really want to try and go natural this time. With my first two I had i.v. meds and I found, especially with my second, that I was really out of it and don't even remember him being placed on my chest after he was born. I finally came to about an hour and a half after he was born and missed out on those magic first moments.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 7:35am
I'm having a repeat Csection. It'll be scheduled and the first case of the morning. For a PP, I have also delivered vaginally and a Csection is nothing compared to a third degree episiotomy recovery. Its easier to be sore on your tummy than your crotch area. LOL!
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 8:52am

i am definitely hoping for a unmedicated normal vaginal del, I am over Weight so I have to start exercising so that I could achive what i am hoping for. . . i dont want my tummy to pop out like a balloon by option C-sec, if its normal you can make sure that your tummy will go in after del.

Pages