QOTW: What were you doing 9/11?

iVillage Member
QOTW: What were you doing 9/11?
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 7:30am

In remembrance of 9/11, I thought we could all share what we were doing ten years ago when the attacks occurred.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 7:40am

I was in college and working at The Gap.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 8:03am
I was in the 9th grade.. wow... I really didn't do much reserach about it or watch it on tv. Me and my mother are very nervous people. the less I know the better I would be. I know my older sister was attending howard university in DC and my mother was going crazy, wanting to drive there to find my sister. I'm in Baltimore Md so I'm not too far away from DC what so ever and NY isn't that long of a drive.
Now being older I fully understand the who, what, when, where, and why!
DH and I are both police and I can't imagine how I would handle something like that
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 10:11am
I was in college (my first semester, as I had just graduated high school that May). I was home and just getting up for the day a few minutes after the first plane hit Tower 1. I don't remember what I was supposed to have done that day (either go to work or go to school, probably both), but they closed the school for the day. I was watching the news (as that is where my mom left the TV when she went to work) and saw the second plane hit Tower 2. I called my mom and begged her to come home from work because she worked near an Air Force Base and at that time no one had any clue how many attacks were going to happen or where they were going to be. I was glued to the TV all died and cried so much that day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 11:33am
I was sleeping in because I had just quit a job I hated the Friday before. My husband called to tell me to turn on the TV because he was on a delivery and wanted to hear more about the 1st plane. By the time I got the TV on and he was done with his delivery, the 2nd plane had hit. He was working in a nearby town that has a tank plant and they were considering closing the city so he wouldn’t have been able to come home. I watched the towers fall and spent the day crying. I also remember how quiet it was the next few days and how freaked out I was by the 1st plane I saw fly over. I live in a small town but we already had an anti-terrorist training facility (supposedly 1 of only a few in the country outside areas with military bases) in place and the tank plant just an hour away. I still get all choked up by 9/11 stuff and try not to watch too much.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 12:16pm

I was at school, a senior in high school. I was in an art class. I remember writing my bf, now my dh, a note bc I truely didn't know what was going to happen with anything throughout the country.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 12:29pm
I'd woke up that morning with a horrible migrane so I called in sick to work and went back to bed. My mom called me and told me to turn on the news. I had my 3-year old stepson with me at the time and it was hard to get him not to watch the TV, he wanted to know what was happening and why everyone was upset.

Being from a very patriotic, Military city (San Diego) it was extremely touching and we all cried a lot. I participated in making this human flag in support (I'm holding one of the stars) - http://www.ratzilla.com/humanflag/index1.htm
Photobucket