QOTW: Where/How is baby sleeping?

iVillage Member
QOTW: Where/How is baby sleeping?
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 8:18am

I know there will be varied answered to this since some of our babies are younger than others, but how is baby sleeping?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 8:21am

Compared to DS, AC is a great sleeper!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 8:38am
August will usually sleep 4-5 hours at first, then will eat, go another 3 hours, eat, and then usually another 2-3 hours...not too bad and I'm not completely exhausted anymore :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 8:52am
Sometimes in his bassinet, my bed and even the couch lol. I only allow a tv in the living room so I end up on the couch watching tv and he falls asleep. He sleeps longer when he's in the bed with me. RJ is going on six weeks

Jayla
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 9:23am
Connor just turned 2 weeks on Friday. He is doing much better than my first DS did. He is generally sleeping about 3 hours at a time at night before waking to eat, and usually goes right back to sleep after he eats. He was supposed to be sleeping in his crib, which is side-carred to my side of the bed, but he won't sleep if I put him there, so we're full on co-sleeping, lol. He'll either sleep with his head in the crook of my arm or I'll lay him next to me where his head touches my shoulder.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 12:35pm

Maddie is three weeks old and sleeps in a bassinet next to my side of the bed.

Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 3:22pm

Pretty well, considering he's only two weeks tomorrow.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 4:12pm
We have to wake Isaac up every three hours to feed him, so no idea how he will sleep once left alone. However, he has slept for 4 hour stretches the two times I forgot to set the alarm for his next feeding time, so maybe he will sleep well? He usually starts in his bassinet then ends up either on my chest or in the bed with us facing each other so he can't roll away. When it's a work at the office day for hubby (he works from home 2 days a week) I usually have him on my chest from about 1 AM to 6 so hubby can sleep and I can just get up an feed him with no fussing to wake DH up.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 5:03pm
Dillon is 5 weeks old. At night, he sleeps in the Rock n' Play next to our bed. During the day he's in the living room & sleeps either lounging in the Boppy, in my arms or flat on a blanket on the floor. He usually takes one 3-hour nap in the late morning & then cat naps the rest of the day. He sleeps in 4-6 hour blocks at night...pretty darned good!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 9:02pm
Noelle is a little over 2 weeks old and I think her days and nights are a bit backwards. Although I figured that would happen as she is being breast fed and I was a night nurse (so my schedule is backwards too! lol).
She usually wakes about about every 2-3 hours at night. However during the day I have to wake her up. At night she tends to want to snuggle more and her very needy snuggly time is between 8-10 ish. At that point she insists on being held no matter what.
She normally naps during the day in her swing then at night in the bassinet next to my bed. However at night she seems more needy and so I am guilty of occasionally letting her sleep on my chest or in the crook of my arm. So you are not alone Allison!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 11:37pm
Ella is one month today! She does well I think. She tends to stay up late.....11 or 12 but will then sleep for about 4 hours, eat, then go right on back to sleep. She sleeps in a bassinet by our bed. Many times I doze off burping her & she'll stay on my chest but she ends up back in her bed at some point. She sleeps lots through the day still too.
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !

Pages