QOTW: Who is guilty....

iVillage Member
QOTW: Who is guilty....
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 9:43pm

Who is guilty of doing something you're "not suppose to" with baby?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 10:11pm
I started putting Miranda on her stomach to sleep too. She sleeps so much better now! She goes down at 7 and wakes up only once to eat around 2 am. Big change from waking every 2 hours when she was on her back or side.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 11:07am

Isaac sleeps on his tummy during the day and side at night... the back sleeping freaks me out worse.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 11:58am
Yeah, lol.
Let's see.....
I co-sleep with Connor, which the "establishment says is a big no-no because I might roll over on him (yeah, right).
I will lay him on the couch to go runn to the kitchen or the bathroom or something that won't take long.
I let the dogs lick him in the face sometimes, lol. He's not a big fan of that one.
I'm sure there's more, but those are what I can think of right now. I wonder if Connor would sleep better on his stomach....

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:13pm
I use a cozy crochet blanket in her crib & sometimes dont tuck it in the sides of the mattress. & we sleep together sometimes. I haaaaad to put my son on his tummy too bc Id otherwise have gotten zero sleep. Ella is an amazing sleeper thank goodness.
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 4:59pm

I am horrified to admit that I didn't buckle Nathan in his carseat once. I put him in it, went to grab my purse, and just completely forgot to buckle him in. When we got to the store and saw what I had done I was just sick. My DH was with me and would have had every right to read me the riot act (which I'm sure I would have done to him if it had been him to make the mistake) but he didn't. Ugh, I get a lump in my throat every time I think about it. Needless to say, I double check the buckles every time now.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 8:29pm
Ah, yes, thanks for reminding me...I did that once, too! (Tried to block it out, I guess, lol.) I was at the grocery store and had to take Connor out to feed him...well, when I put him back in, I didn't buckle him because he was asleep and I knew it would wake him up. Well, I had a blanket on him and when I got to the car I just put the car seat on the base and drove home. When I got home and took the blanket off to unbuckle him and take him out.....I only had to take him out! I about died.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 11:01pm
I tried it during the day to see if he'd actually stay asleep but it didn't work.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 3:03am

Definitely guilty...

So here lately miss Adelaide has taken a HUGE interest in the TVs. We have large flat screen TVs so I think they are 1 easy to look at and 2 easy to look at lol because her vision is clearer. So this morning, I propped her up on our bed and turned on Baby Einsteins. She watched 2 full movies. Hey I figure if she is going to watch the TV it might as well be something that will stimulate her mind. BTW, I did not take full advantage of her being engrossed in the TV and get things done, I snuggled right up with her ;) lol. I'm honestly not one of the moms that worries about my babies watching TV. All of them did it as babies and guess what, now at 11, 9, and 6 none of them like to sit and watch TV. They would much rather be outside playing until dusk/dark. After showers though, they do like to watch 30 mins to an hour of TV before bed but its not excessive and they sure don't plop in front of the TV all day long. So yeah, I know its a "No-no" to put a baby in front of a TV but I did it and she loved it!!

I also will still co-sleep sometimes, after her breathing episode I didn't for a long time but now I'm more comfortable and will do it every once in a while all night and every morning when she wakes up for her 4am-5am feeding I keep her in bed with us. Again a big "No-no".

I'm sure there is more...

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 3:15am
My dog licks Noelle all the time (although she wishes the dog didn't). I have put a blanket over her and not tucked in since she got home from the hospital. I also use bumpers on the crib. Noelle wiggles around so much she kept hitting her head on the bar of sticking her feet through. I also am guilty of letting her watch TV. It makes her happy and it is always Disney Junior.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 9:44am

So glad to hear I'm not the only one, and you have all reminded me of more.

Photobucket

Pages