question for the girls that already had their babies

iVillage Member
question for the girls that already had their babies
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 7:01pm

can ya'll post your symptoms from a week or two before u delivered up til the day?

iVillage Member
I had no signs, I wasn't dilated only soft. But the night before I had sharp stabbing pains in the vajay!! I did a post on it to ask other women what it was. I was gonna end up asking my doctor what it was the day of my 38 week appt, but that was the day I delivered. I also noticed extra mucus down below. I called my doctor once I had a headache, contractions and brownish spotting

Jayla
iVillage Member
bump.

I am wondering too!
iVillage Member

Hmmm I'll tell you how I felt.....I remember getting a real live hunger pain Monday eve in class and I thought maybe she had dropped more and their was more room for my stomach to be hungry, seriously! My bh increased greatly that night and were in a pattern but not painful. Tuesday I had snotty blood tinged discharge and this is when real contrax started. That's just a day before delivery otherwise nothing much was different prior that I can think of .

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
I started having contractions about 7-10 mins apart for the entire day after sex :) I didn't notice any changes in my CM and didn't have any spotting. I ate well on Thanksgiving (usually I don't have a very big appetite) but I did vomit a little bit after a small slice of pie. Next morning, I started bleeding & went to the hospital.
Photobucket

Community Leader
I haven't had this baby yet, but with the last two my only real 'symptom' was a desire to do ridiculous things, like trimming hedges. DS2 dropped about an hour before labour started, but I didn't lose my plug until they broke my water at 8cm. DS1 I lost my plug two hours into labour. I guess that there was one other symptom with DS2, which was that I had contractions every night at bedtime for about a week before I popped.

iVillage Member
littlebaker5 wrote:
I haven't had this baby yet, but with the last two my only real 'symptom' was a desire to do ridiculous things, like trimming hedges. DS2 dropped about an hour before labour started, but I didn't lose my plug until they broke my water at 8cm. DS1 I lost my plug two hours into labour. I guess that there was one other symptom with DS2, which was that I had contractions every night at bedtime for about a week before I popped.

My due date isnt until the 30th, but with my last pregnancy i didnt have any symptoms of labor before i was induced.

iVillage Member
At my last Dr. check on Monday I was 3cm, 60% effaced and he wasn't even engaged with my pelvis yet. I really had no symptoms before I delivered. I will say that I sat on my yoga ball all day the day before labor and that seemed to have helped :)
iVillage Member
I was induced, so nothing would be relevant!