Remember bags for your older babes!

iVillage Member
Remember bags for your older babes!
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 6:23pm

As I was reading posts on hospital bags I thought, shoot I need to remember to pack my kids a bag too! My parents are the ones who will be in charge of my kids come time, but are 45 mins away. The plan is for them to come out here when the time comes. I can take them to my SIL until they get here

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 9:02pm
That is a great reminder! It all depends when the baby comes whether my parents will stay here so the kids don't miss school or if they are going to go home with them. You're absolutely right though, having bags packed is one less thing to worry about!

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 9:03pm

I'm very fortunate in that we have family all around us (okay, sometimes it's not so fortunate) so I don't have to worry about packing my kids a bag.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 9:04pm
That is funny, I was JUST thinking about this today. Last time we didn't have any other children at home, so we just had to worry about someone letting the puppy out. lol
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 9:08pm
My mother lives two mintues away from me driving, five walking lol if that! Like pp said its fortunate but sometimes soo not fortunate. I really don't need to pack any bags because dd has everything she needs at my mother house even a twin size bed lol. With dh and I both being police our dd spends a lot of nites at my mothers if we get off of work too late. As far as my bag, imma pack it a few days after my baby shower. Once nov comes anything is possible!!