Type of bottles

iVillage Member
Type of bottles
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 2:08pm

Hey all,

just wanted to see if anyone had any good recommendations for bottles?

something that helps reduce colic?

thanks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 2:12pm

Dr Browns worked awesome with Nate, but after a while they started and kept leaking. It was such a pain in the butt. Plus there are so many parts to clean. This time we are using the medela bottles.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 2:48pm
I loved the playtex drop ins with my dd. I am using those again with this kiddo. We used doc browns for a while and liked them, but we also had leak issues. I was looking at them at the store the other day and it looked like they had been redesigned a bit, so perhaps that problem has been addressed. I've heard good things about the tommy tippee (sp?) bottles as well, but I was so happy with the drop ins I'm just going to stick with that brand.
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 3:11pm
I'm a Playtex drop-ins fan! With Olivia (almost 6 years ago) we used the designer playtex bottles but the walmart liners. This time, I see walmart has their own brand of bottles and nipples. I bought a few and Sarah gave me a playtex starter set so I can compare. The walmart version are straight up and down like the playtex original version. The drop-in system is supposed to reduce gas because the liner squeezes out the air before the baby drinks and doesn't allow any back in. The only drawback (aside from it not being very green to toss liner after liner) is that you really need to measure the liquid before you put it in the bottle because the lines can be off.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 3:55pm
I'm going to be nursing and pumping once I go back to work. I'll freeze the milk and store for my mom to give in bottles. I picked up the Playtex Drop-ins as well, as this is easiest for my parents not to have to wash a bunch of bottles and they heat up quickly in a pot of water.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 4:02pm

I used the Playtex Ventaire bottles with both my boys.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 4:49pm

Well, I'm not sure about reducing colic as I tried everything with my son and he was super colicky for several months, but I mainly used Madela bottles with him and that is what I will use mostly this time too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 1:06pm
My mom swears the playtex ones saved her life (I was preemie and colicky).