Waxing, Shaving oh my!!

iVillage Member
Waxing, Shaving oh my!!
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:07am
Anyone considering getting waxed or shaving to prepare yourself for delivery. Or to even prepare for the weekly cervix check?
DH wouldn't let me use the foam in the shower because he said you can't use it while pregnant. Then once I was no longer able to see down below DH helped me shave but the sucker cut me lol so since then I haven't done anything. Will any of you get waxed or shave ahead of time to prepare for delivery? Have you read anything about not waxing or shaving while pregnant or close to delivery?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 11:05pm
Lol just got to a walmart or target and get urself a set, mines is white and purple!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 1:31pm
I've been doing the "blind shave" for weeks now. I don't think I feel comfortable asking DH to do it!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 4:35pm
Ok, why aren't you allowed to use shaving foam/gel when pregnant? I've never heard that before.
And I still shave down there. I prefer it that way. With my DS I shaved up until he was born, as I was somehow still able to reach everything, lol. I didn't shave after he was born because I had stitches, so I resumed when those were no longer there.
As far as I know, there is no reason to not shave/wax or to shave/wax before delivery, regardless of the type of delivery you are having. I know that they USED to have you shave for surgeries such as a c-section, but I think that most places have stopped that practice as they found out it can actually make infection more prevalent because shaving can cause little cuts in the skin that the bacteria can get into.

Photobucket

Pages