Waxing, Shaving oh my!!

iVillage Member
Waxing, Shaving oh my!!
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:07am
Anyone considering getting waxed or shaving to prepare yourself for delivery. Or to even prepare for the weekly cervix check?
DH wouldn't let me use the foam in the shower because he said you can't use it while pregnant. Then once I was no longer able to see down below DH helped me shave but the sucker cut me lol so since then I haven't done anything. Will any of you get waxed or shave ahead of time to prepare for delivery? Have you read anything about not waxing or shaving while pregnant or close to delivery?

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 4:35pm
Ok, why aren't you allowed to use shaving foam/gel when pregnant? I've never heard that before.
And I still shave down there. I prefer it that way. With my DS I shaved up until he was born, as I was somehow still able to reach everything, lol. I didn't shave after he was born because I had stitches, so I resumed when those were no longer there.
As far as I know, there is no reason to not shave/wax or to shave/wax before delivery, regardless of the type of delivery you are having. I know that they USED to have you shave for surgeries such as a c-section, but I think that most places have stopped that practice as they found out it can actually make infection more prevalent because shaving can cause little cuts in the skin that the bacteria can get into.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 1:31pm
I've been doing the "blind shave" for weeks now. I don't think I feel comfortable asking DH to do it!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 11:05pm
Lol just got to a walmart or target and get urself a set, mines is white and purple!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 9:15pm
I need to buy my own trimmers because it's too hard to see to shave and DH did not react well to my asking to use his.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 7:31am
I will never let him do it again lol it was even with one of those female bikini area shave things. Prior to being prego i usually keep it trimmed up for myself, let's just say it gets pretty hottt wearing those police uniform pants for 8 hours lol hottttt in the summer, warm in the winter.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 1:40am
Hubby will NOT be assisting... I've seen him come out of the bathroom bleeding from the face after shaving too often to let him near there lol. I will probably "clean up the edges" blind shaving with a razor with wires. I don't usually go all the way bare anyway so it's not too big a deal for me... Plus there has to have been worse than me! :-P
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 12:09am

Girl I keep mine tamed! It's not really for anyone else but me. It's just more comfortable and an overall preference. This is the first pregnancy I can truely say I can baaaaarely bend my neck and lift my belly and see any of my lady parts. I'm still shaving though. It is quite scary to do it so blindly, I'm just careful. I feel like it's just as risky as letting my dh try as well :) It's not daily though either. Prob every week or so, just to keep things clean. It's been that way for so long I just can go back to being "natural!"

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:12pm
I will do something simply because it annoys me. I was actually just thinking about having to bite the bullet the other day. I will probably not wax however I guess I best shave while I still kind of can. Lol. I just shaved my legs the other day and that was a trial so I am not looking forward to the other area at all.......

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 4:25pm
Well, I did a fixer up yesterday and it was so hard for me, I think I'm pretty much done with the work down there until I can either see it better or feel it better - I really need a third and fourth hand, I can't possibly hold my belly outta the way, hold a mirror so I can see, and I always use two hands to primp it up, so I'm 2 hands short... and no way am I asking dh, that's just not something he needs to be involved in.

My thought anyway - there HAS to be some women who don't even do any type of primping down there, so no matter what kind of grow out I have, it won't be as bad as them!!!