Since we are talking about pampers!

iVillage Member
Since we are talking about pampers!
Sat, 08-20-2011 - 10:25pm
What brand do you usually use and why?
So far I have
two boxes of huggie wipes
Three boxes of huggie wipes size 1

Even though I had my first child four years before my sister, she ended up having her second one last year so I ask her a lot of questions. She said she used the Pampers brand because they are much softer on a newborns skin. I guess I mainly went with Huggies because they are popular. If in fact Pampers are better for newborns I will get a few packs of newborn pampers in the Pampers brand. What do you ladies think or suggest?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-20-2011 - 10:38pm

I used Pampers Swaddlers with DS when he was little.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 12:05am
I like the pampers newborn diapers, but after that I usually use Huggies or the Kirkland brand that Costco carried.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 4:20am
I only like the pampers NB too. After that it's huggies or Target brand.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 1:47pm

I used White Cloud wipes and Pampers the first time around. We discovered at the end of Olivia's need for diapers that Walmart brand fit her better. This time, we're going to try a few cheaper brands of diapers (have Luvs, Walmart & Target right now). We're also trying Target wipes but unless they have a delivery program like Walmart, Target stuff would not be cost effective since we don't have 1 in town.

I've got:

1 pack of White Cloud wipes (they sell out fast & that was all they had)
3 packs of Target wipes
1 pack Luvs NB diapers
1 pack Parent's Choice NB diapers
1 pack Parent's Choice size 1 diapers
1 pack Target size 2 diapers

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 1:50pm

We are doing cloth with Addie but with Kenz, JJ and Nate Pampers Swaddlers was it for us. With Kenz I tried huggies the first week and I hated them, they always seemed damp on the outside even when she would only pee once (keep in mine this was 10.5 years ago lol, but I never tried again so I have no idea how they work now). I threw out a TON of huggies because of this and switched over to pampers. Loved them, they were so soft, they fit the kids great and they worked great. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 5:11pm

Being a FTM with DS I went with pampers in the beginning thinking they were the best...and they were great. But I later discover the Target UP brand and they were fantastic. AND so much CHEAPER! They are soft, have a cute design, and very absorbent...my son was a heavy wetter. We also ended up using the Huggies overnights later for that reason.

Anyway, I would try a box and see if like them...its totally worth saving the coin.And I actually liked them better than pampers...had fewer leaks.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 5:33pm
Glad to hear you like the Target brand because I am thinking of trying them out. Very affordable compared to Huggies and Pampers.
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 5:46pm

I will second the Target brand recommendation.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 7:00pm

I used Pampers primarily, but actually found that the Huggies Supreme were better for the newborn stage.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 8:33pm
We usually use Pampers wipes and diapers for our DS, who is 22 months old. If money is getting a little tight, I'll buy Target brand diapers instead, but only until money starts coming back in. The Target ones work fine, they just don't seem to hold as much as the Pampers. I couldn't use Huggies with him because his legs are too skinny and they would always leak.

And Pampers actually recently switched back to their old formula, they don't use the DryMax anymore. My DS never had any issues with the DryMax diapers, but I've heard of a lot of kids who did.

Photobucket

Pages