We started Connor on Zantac

iVillage Member
We started Connor on Zantac
Sat, 01-14-2012 - 8:24pm

Over the past two weeks Connor has been progressively getting fussier and fussier while/after eating and spitting up quite a bit. I asked my Sept. 09 Playgroup about it and they said it sounded like reflux. I called his doctor yesterday, and I guess she agrees that it sounds a lot like reflux. She asked me to try him on the Gripe Water, but went ahead and called in a trial script for Zantac. The Gripe Water seems to work a little bit, but only if he has it at every feeding, and even then it didn't work every time. Besides, the instructions say to only give it up to 6 times in a 24 hour period, and he eats way more than that! So I gave him the Zantac today, and he seems to be much better with it! He still spits up, but no where near the amount that he was before, and he doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or hurting during feedings! He's actually back to eating off of both boobs in one feeding (whereas he had gone to just eating off one and refusing the second one). I need to make an appointment to take him in to see the doctor next week, as she only gave the script on the premise that I'd bring him in because she really didn't want to give it without seeing him. I'll call them on Monday and see when she wants to see him next week or if she wants to just wait until his already scheduled appointment (the 23rd). I'm just really glad that the Zantac seems to be working and that my little guy isn't in pain while eating! So far today, the only fussiness he's exhibited has been when he's hungry or tired!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-21-2012 - 4:15pm

My refluxer is a little girl. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-21-2012 - 6:39pm

Allison, we'ree using zantac for Breylon and it cost us $6 w/ insurance...we have Caremark insurance for meds.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-21-2012 - 8:50pm
We are using the generic form of the Zantac (ranitidine or something like that). I wonder why your doc wrote it for brand name only....especially since it has alcohol in it! Just goes to show that a doctor truly ISN'T the best person to ask about medicines, lol.

Trai,
I'm guessing the doc didn't really give us many instructions with the Zantac because she was wanting us to come in sometime last week. But, I'd already had Connor's 1 month appointment scheduled for this coming Monday plus I never could find time to call them except when they were at lunch....so she can let us know everything on Monday, lol.
Sunni, I so wish I had read this before I went to the store and bought some earlier! I got the Vanilla Soy milk and I made some hot cocoa with it earlier....yeah, it wasn't that good. I actually was gonna come back on here and ask which is the best, Soy, Almond, or Coconut milk......

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 5:02pm
Oopsie! Sorry, Allison! I was thinking of this post and another and forgot you chimed in. Sorry!
Photobucket

Pages