What about diapers?

iVillage Member
What about diapers?
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 10:12pm
Size? Brand?
Ella is in 2s & I buy luvs. I'm a pampers mommy at heart but my pocket settles for the luvs. Wishing (now that we're out of baby shower dipes) that I had some clothes to use just at home to cut back on buying so many! Anyone know a cheap site just to have a few for at home?
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 2:02pm
Ok I am officially on my laptop so I can answer you! :)
I use Rumparooz for my daughter. Right now she is small enough to still fit into the lil joey size (The mascot for these diapers is a kangaroo - hence the size differentiation). They are actually have snaps where they grow with her to a certain amount. There are two rows of snaps with 2 sets of snaps in each. She is wearing them on the top outer snaps. Its a touch loose but she has not leaked and I would rather a little loose then a little tight.

Then I have a bunch of the older baby Rumparooz. These are a one size. That means as the child grows they grow as well and get as big as needed until usually the child is potty trained. I forget the pound amount for them but I believe it is pretty much comparable to the biggest size disposable diapers. They are actually pocket diapers. Which means they look like normal diapers (disposable ones) but have a slice at the top. You stuff the diaper with either one or two liners, depending on how much your baby pees. My lil joeys are all in ones which means there is no way to add extra padding.

I have only done the lil joeys so I cannot speak for other brands but I really like them. Fuzzi bunny and Bum genius are also popular. I do not do the type of cloth diapering that I call "Oragami" diapering. which is folding the cloth, then using safety pins and rubber pants. My diapers honest to goodness look just like disposable. Actually as I type this my washer is humming away with a load of diapers in them! I cannot imagine buying diapers every week. My babysitter uses the regular on my daughter and even buying a package like once ever other month sends me for a loop. It was a big cost up front but honestly that seems like a faded memory compared to the benefits I get now.

I order all of mine from Kelly's Closet http://www.kellyscloset.com/
I love them because they have different brands, good reviews and you earn things called diaper dollars. It translates into actual gift certificates. I have already bought two boxes of soap for free because of my rewards! Let me know if you have any other questions. I am by no means an expert I just know what works for us. :)

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 12:19pm
Dillon wears the 1-2 size Kirkland brand from Costco and those have been working out great for him.

I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to cloth diaper him like I did with my first boy. Unfortunately now I have much less time and I have a hard enough time getting laundry washed and put away without adding washing diapers into the mix too :( But with my oldest boy, I used Fuzzi Bunz. Once Dillon gets a little older I will likely switch to some cloth (much easier to clean when poops are more solid). And it was a breeze to potty train Ian when he was wearing cloth, he was potty trained at 22 months old.
Photobucket

Pages