What can you tell me about cloth diapering?

iVillage Member
What can you tell me about cloth diapering?
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 2:07pm

Hi ladies! I'm considering cloth diapering this little one, something that I never even considered for my DS. In fact, with him I had said that it was too icky and yucky, etc., and I would NEVER do it. Guess you should never say never, huh?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 2:54pm

YAY, Gina!!! We are cloth diapering this baby. I honestly love the pocket diapers. With the AIOs I have heard they take so much longer to dry because they are so thick. The only AIOs we have are the Rumparooz Lil' Joeys (newborn diapers with notch for belly button) because that is the only way they come.

As for our stash, I also have some lil gpants (gdiapers) and we plan on using their liners with them (not the disposable liners but the cloth) and even some prefolds. We also have fuzzibunz OS (one size) we have gotten a lot of these so that CDing is worth it to us and saving money because they go from birth to potty trained. I also have gotten 4 fuzzibunz size extra small for the newborn stages, and I have one dinkledooz OS pocket diaper. This one I get free with our order.

I also want to get some rumparoozs OS because they have this awesome inner gusset that holds the mess in better (not that I have ever heard one CD momma complain that they had any explosive out the diaper messes, lol) plus, I just really love rumparooz. They are soooo soft. I also want to get some bumgenious 4.0s.

I honestly think pocket diapers are the way to go because you can always add in more soakers for heavy wetter's. I also love that they dry much faster due to the fact that they are not so thick when stuffed. I say if you are interested in prefolds and covers though, give them a try. You get more use out of them because as long as your cover doesn't get soiled you can just change the prefold and use the same cover for 2-3 uses. You can also get inserts/soakers (that are safe against baby's skin) in place of prefolds.

Here is a picture of our stash so far. I am kinda waiting to find out if baby is a girl or boy now to add any more so I can go with more gender colors. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 5:06pm
Ok I am officially WAY lost! Lol I too want to do the cloth diapers but have done no research and so I am very lost. Where did you guys start? All the names are they brand specific or are they different types. No one else I know did cloth and so I am very lost and very green. Even if you just have a spot for me to go to do some research I would greatly appreciate it.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 7:27pm

Youtube has a GREAT CD channel full of very informed CDing mommas. They do diaper reviews and wash/dry your diapers, anything you need to know AND you can e mail them with any questions at all. If you have specific questions as well, I might be able to help you... :) Here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?feature=mhee&s=peiFD6TdOG8ofLwTJMA36YljYTQd_TY7Halp5G53yls

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 10:56am
Really good FB group that has tons of answers..

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/home.php?sk=group_118726278201416
 BabyFetus Ticker
Community Leader
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 12:06am

Is your hubby on board with CDing?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 12:12am
I would love to cd but I will return to work after six weeks and daycare doesn't allow them.
Community Leader
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 12:13am

Sarah, a couple of questions for you:

How do you find the Fuzzibunz compared to the BumGenius?

Do the Fuzzibunz OS fit well on smaller bums?

How small do you find the Fuzzibunz NB actually fit, compared to how they're supposed to fit?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 1:46am

Rahe, I haven't actually used them yet BUT the fuzzibunz OS diapers get VERY small. I will size one down all the way and take a pic compared to the fuzzibunz extra small and the rumparooz lil joeys and also next to a NB disposable.

I have not gotten any bumgenius diapers yet as I am waiting to find out the gender of baby to buy any more. :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 2:03am

In order Disposable, Rumparooz lil joeys (mind you this is for a baby 5 - 12lbs, so it is very small), fuzzibunz OS (in its smallest setting) and fuzzibunz perfect size, size extra small.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 1:21pm

Super!

Pages