What do you remember the most...

iVillage Member
What do you remember the most...
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 8:31am
During the day you went into labor with your first child. Any good stories from any other births add them to.

Once Jan 29 06 hit, I was already over my due date by a few days. I was suppose to get induced the next day. What I remember the most is...

Getting sooo mad at DH because he wasn't cooking my breakfast fast enough lol til this day I tell him its his fault I went into labor because right after that, I thought I peeed on myself. DH got mad at me and stormed off to work without knowing my water broke!

And another thing I remember is....

My sister at the time lived in Michigan with her husband who is a pastor. He called and was praying for me on speaker phone. He started right once a contraction hit!! Whoooooa I was like the girl from the EXORCIST! Even though he was trying to help, he got a little piece of my mind during that contraction lol

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 10:51am

Well, I had a planned c-section so no good stories really.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 6:31pm

With my first my dh worked out of town ALL the time, it was Feb 2 on a Friday when he got home. I hugged him and looked down and said "OK you can come out now." Before

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 6:43pm
Oh my, so your water broke in chic fil a. Wow! Now that's a story, I'm curious to know what happened next lol did you go home, to the hospital??
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 10:30pm

I was curious what the people did after I left, I "ran" out and never looked back. DK if I've even been back except maybe once since then. Anyhow I went home and got my husband and my bag and then on to the hospital. It actually worked out bc I never started contracting on my own which I thought would surely happen since it broke, but nope. I needed pitocin just to kick start them then they turned it off!

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 12:28am
Too funny! Love these stories!

My water broke early in the morning. Dd was about 3 weeks early so I hadn't packed anything yet, etc. I was running around trying to get things organized and every time I looked at dh he had on a different shirt. I swear he must have changed clothes 6 or 7 times that morning. It was ridiculous. My sister was living with us at the time and we just kept looking at each other like...WTF? I guess it must have been nerves.

My contractions never started even though my water broke. So we were sitting in the hospital room, laughing it up, having a good time. All of a sudden the pitocin hit and I went from laughing to OMG this isn't funny in an instant. The problem was...I was the only one who realized the change. I remember literally wanting to tear someone's head off. I finally hollered at them to quit laughing or get out. lol
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 6:52am
Lol did ur dh want to look cute for you the baby or the nurses??? Atleast he was clean and smelling good. My DH was 18 and working at Quiznos Subs when I went into labor. So I was at the hospital in labor and hungry, he come in smelling like a turkey club lol

I hope I go into labor at home while DH is there. I hope he won't be at work because he's also a police, so if he's on a serious call he may not answer the phone right away. But I told him if he don't answer when I call three times, I'm calling his front desk at work YELLING! Lol so now he always answer right away when I call.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 11:34am
I remember going from a constipated mess, only going once a week or so to going #2 9 times in the two days before... and not eating a single thing yet still being terrified of pooping on the table lol like I had anything left in there!!!