What do you remember the most...

iVillage Member
What do you remember the most...
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 8:31am
During the day you went into labor with your first child. Any good stories from any other births add them to.

Once Jan 29 06 hit, I was already over my due date by a few days. I was suppose to get induced the next day. What I remember the most is...

Getting sooo mad at DH because he wasn't cooking my breakfast fast enough lol til this day I tell him its his fault I went into labor because right after that, I thought I peeed on myself. DH got mad at me and stormed off to work without knowing my water broke!

And another thing I remember is....

My sister at the time lived in Michigan with her husband who is a pastor. He called and was praying for me on speaker phone. He started right once a contraction hit!! Whoooooa I was like the girl from the EXORCIST! Even though he was trying to help, he got a little piece of my mind during that contraction lol

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 1:37pm
Great topic! I love hearing everyone's stories!

I had an emergency c/s almost 4 weeks early so I've never experienced labor. However, I do have an interesting story. (IMO, anyway-lol.)

My husband is a surplus military gun hoarder...I mean collector...and we were at the shooting range so he could try out some new old rifle. We'd just been there the day before and I sat around bored like normal. However, that day, it was different because every time he pulled the trigger, Olivia would jerk so hard that stomach moved like never before. After we left, I really paid attention to how much she moved and it seemed to be less and less. I didn't call the OB because I had an appt the next day and I was supposed to get a NST. The results weren't good so they sent me to the hospital for a u/s and told us to come right back to the office. The u/s showed that I had very little water left and that our baby seemed to be small. We were told that I had to have a c/s right away and our baby might need to stay in the NICU for a little while. They sent me home to pack because I have a latex allergy so they wanted me to be the 1st c/s of the day. I was on eggshells till she came and, to all our surprise, out popped a 6 lb 15 oz baby. All she needed was some oxygen and I’ve heard that’s pretty common for c/s babies. She acted like a preemie despite her good size though!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 1:42pm
So was the c/s due to lack of water or the baby possibly being small due to lack of water?
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 2:11pm
She was also breech but the lack of fluid was the main reason. I've always assumed that she measured small on the u/s due to lack of water for a good image. I don't know since I'm not sure how those machines work. They didn't find anything wrong with my placenta and it must have been a slow leak that was absorbed by my body because I never noticed any extra wetness in my undies.
Photobucket

Pages