What have you bought?

iVillage Member
What have you bought?
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 10:15am

I've been dying to shop and finding neutral stuff is almost impossible. I plan to find out so it won't always be this hard but I had to satisfy my urge. I've found 4 sleepers in yellow or yellow and green. I'll have to take a picture and see if

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 10:17am

I have resisted but only because money is so super tight with us right now.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 10:28am
When I was like 9 weeks I bought a little undershirt, but that was to prove to dh that it would be hard looking for neutral items. All the greens looked boy and the yellows looked girly. Plus if I have a girl I want PINK pink and more Pink. And boy of course I want BLUE.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 11:33am
I haven't bought anything. I agree it is hard to find gender neutral that is why I'm esp. Impressed with people who can wait to find out til birth lol. With dd1 I bought some yellow and green stuff but it looked so boyish next to the girl stuff so I ended up giving it away.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 11:47am
I have bought a couple 2-packs of white onesies and some white socks... Other than that I've picked up a blanket that, while blue, has paw prints all over it... So I figure with all our animals the paw prints neutralize it. lol Also grabbed a few more onesies from Carters, where I can return them any time I want if I am having a girl (they're a bit boy-ish even though they were in the neutral section).
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 12:00pm

We have EVERYTHNG, we were TTC for a year and a half so I started buying. We have everything from all the nursery furniture to the whole nursery set (it's gender neutral - Wendy Bellisimo Honey Bee collection) to the car seat and cloth diapers. If its a boy, he will need clothes. We are set for girl clothes I have a 75gal tub full of girl clothes ranging from NB to 6 months (I went a bit crazy because I just always had a feeling this next baby would be a girl...) and we will need the stroller, which is a HUGE buy (because the one I want is pretty expensive, although the price has started coming down thank goodness), a swing, high chair, if its a boy a bouncy seat because the one I have is for a girl. We need a tub, I will need to get small things like wash cloths, towels and little things here and there but 99% of the big stuff is bought. We will also get some more cloth diapers but we are pretty much set there as well. :) I also will need to get the diaper bag, which is also a big item the one I want I think is $120-$160? Can't remember exactly. I just waiting to know what baby is before getting that so we can get a boy or girl on in the colors to match the stroller and car seat (red, black and grey). There isn't much left. A few big things and a bit of small things, which will be easy to do. We try and get something every pay period.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 12:10pm
If we have a girl we are set. If we have a boy we are screwed because none if our gear is gender neutral. I'm hoping for a girl. Lol
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 3:20pm
I've bought clothes, lots of little girl clothes from Gymboree because they were SO CUTE and I couldn't resist...and didn't want them to sell out!! I did buy one gender neutral sleep sack and one boy's outfit, so as not to jinx it! LOL
I can always give them as gifts if needed, plenty of people around me are having babies.

Other than that I have absolutely nothing! I will need everything all over again because I gave everything away after my son was done with it.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 3:33pm

I haven't bought a thing.

Proud mama of Tiffany(10), Nathan(9),

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 4:25pm

I've bought a yellow Fuzzibunz one size, and that's arguably for DS2 anyway.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 10:48pm

Forget shopping - I'm just going to go to Sarah's house!!!

I am not buying anything until 24 weeks. Probably. I still have a big box of stuff that I bought for the first baby I miscarried (as soon as I found out that I was pregnant) and afterwards, I put it in the attic and haven't been able to look at it since.

Pages