What I don't worry about this pregnancy but did with my first.

iVillage Member
What I don't worry about this pregnancy but did with my first.
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 11:09am

When I became pregnant with Scott, after the overwhelming joy subsided enough for me to be logical, I was constantly in a panic about not having everything that I "thought" that i "had" to have. lol.

iVillage Member

Thanks for posting this, you read my mind. I was actually just starting to put together my registry, and being a first time mom it is so overwhelming!

iVillage Member

I have to get all new things this time around because I gave away all of Scott's baby stuff, I mean he is 5 now. lol

iVillage Member

I think I'm not as concerned about getting things together b/c I already have almost everything from my son and it is all together in one place in the attic.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

This is great! thanks for the list!

iVillage Member
Hmmm, what I worried about with the first, but not with this one...
That would be EVERYTHING!

I had already had two miscarriages before getting pregnant with my daughter and when we finally got past my usual m/c point I was still freaking out about the unknown.

I also worried about not having enough things. I have also learned to simplify. With dd I carried everything with me where ever I went. I seriously carried two diaper bags at all times along with the stroller. By the time ds came I was down to an overly packed single diaper bag (I had two in diapers now). With this one I think it will be much easier. I know what I want, know what is nice to have, and most importantly I know what I actually need (and much of it doesn't fall under the want or nice to have categories).

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Caffiene...I didn't have any with my first, and usually have my one drink a day with this one. Keeping up with and active toddler would be tough without it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
That's so true about the caffeine. With my oldest there was no way you were going to get me to drink any caffeine except for maybe an iced tea once or twice a month. With this one I allow myself to have no more than one caffeinated beverage a day, but I also make sure I drink extra water to make up for it.

Photobucket