What size will you purchase

iVillage Member
What size will you purchase
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 12:45pm
Ok so newborn and 0-3 items for RJ are purchased and hung up. So far we got all of the clothes and undershirts from Carters. But I was thinking that RJ would be big when he's born, considering he's pretty big now. I was wondering if you ladies skip over newborn items and go right to 0-3 months. The new born stuff from Carters I believe is 5to8pounds and 0-3 is 8to12pounds. Carter has a good return and exchange policy but I was thinking bout taking back the newborn outfits and keeping the onesies just in case. What do you ladies think??

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 12:58pm
I don't buy newborn. You will usually get some as shower gifts and if baby is small you can hit the store. Most babies aren't going to wear newborn sizes long, if at all. Keep tags in and receipts until you know if you need one.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 12:59pm
If anything, I'll buy a Christmas outfit in newborn size and the rest in 0-3. Olivia, even though she lost a lot of weight the 1st 6 weeks, didn't stay in her NBs after I switched to formula.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:08pm
My sister baby was due last year on dec 9th.. a day after my due date but she came on thanksgiving at 8 pounds, early big baby lol. My sister said her daughter couldn't fit no newborn outfits and was only able to stay in undershirts for a month. So I won't buy any more newborn stuff. I will prob exchange the outfits I got for those one size fit sleepers. I guess I do have to keep in mind that it will be cold and we won't be out the house much anyway. I prob won't buy any other clothes excepts socks bibs blankets and more onesies.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:32pm
If I'm remembering correctly, my DS stayed in NB clothes for a while, I think at least a month. But it took him a while to gain his birth weight back (he was 7lbs 12oz or so when born and lost down to just over 7lbs in the hospital). I know it was at least 2 weeks before he gained that all back (and he ate all the time! he has a fast metabolism like I do). He outgrew things in length, though before he outgrew them in weight/size/waist. We haven't bought many clothes yet, but I do plan on buying NB sizes and probably some 0-3 sizes too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:39pm
I really don't plan on having a baby shower so me and DH are buying for RJ atleast twice a week. Now everytime DH gets paid he's buying pampers and wipes. I'm sure the grandparents will buy some items and my sister is getting me a bassinet but I'm not counting on anyone..u kno..

DD was 7 pounds and some change lol but she was long and had thick thighs, so her little fat was busting out her going home onesie. But with this boy i think he maybe built like his daddy. Dh was 9 pounds when he was born
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 2:24pm
I am really struggling with this question! For DS I bought almost all 0-3 size clothes and no newborn things. Well he was only 6 lb 5 oz when he was born and none of the 0-3 things I got him fit for at least three months. Even the newborn stuff I had to run out and buy was huge! It stunk bc by the time he could wear the 0-3 stuff it was the wrong season. So this time I don't know what to do. DS was three weeks early so I'm guessing that this baby will be on time and therefore bigger but who knows? I was planning on getting some clothes in each size and going from there.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 2:39pm
My doctor was saying if she thinks the baby is too big or too small she will order an ultrasound around 37 weeks to determine size. She also said if baby is too big she won't induce. So I'm hoping he is a good regular.. what ever regular size is lol. I have a few new born outfits some sleepers with the feet and some of those creative onesies in newborn. I can't wait til they start putting out little winter stuff like the snowcoats and christmas gear. So far I only see halloween and thanksgiving stuff
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:50pm

My DS was 9lbs 10 oz...so we pretty much skipped the newborn size. Thinking we'll do the same here b/c I think nb is only up to 8 lbs. I don't think I could be so lucky as to have an 8 lb baby this time...probably closer to10! I'd go for 0-3, seems like maybe it goes to 15 lbs?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 4:57pm
I was told at around 37 weeks that my son was measuring big, so imagine my surprise when I birthed a 6lb 13 oz teensy-tiny guy! He just had a really large head!!! LOL Fortunately I had bought a box of used clothes off ebay & one of the sleepers was a preemie and that was actually still big on him (I had to roll up the sleeves).
I would expect this baby to be around the same size, so I'll definitely want some newborn outfits on hand.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 5:30pm
A small baby but a big head omg... there is no telling I see. Well I guess I will keep the newborn stuff after all. But won't buy anymore

Pages