What traits do you hope baby gets/doesn't get from you/DH?

iVillage Member
What traits do you hope baby gets/doesn't get from you/DH?
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 9:49pm

So I was going to save this question for Sunday's QOTW, but the board seems to be moving a little slow so I thought maybe it would be a good discussion for now.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mine are not so much a physical attribute but I really want my peanut to get my teeth. Out of my family and my DHs I really have the best teeth. I went to the denist for a check up for the first time in 6 years and he said if I had not told him I had not been to a dentist in 6 years he would not have known. I feel thankful for that since so many other people around me have the burden of bad teeth.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Good question!

I hope this baby had dh's beautiful brown eyes and long lashes. My dd did get dh's long lashes, but they are very light in color so it kind of counteracts the length. lol Dd is the spitting image of me which is kind of fun. Oddly enough, when she was first born I thought she looked a lot more like dh.

Dd really wants the baby to have green eyes like her. I have blue/gray/green and dh has brown, but dd's are green like my grandmother's.

I hope this baby doesn't get my dh's nose...he has a huge honker. My dh is a big guy (6'6" and solid) so on him it doesn't look bad, but when I was pg with my dd I had nightmares of a little girl with his big honker. lol

I do think dh has a nicer skin tone than I do. My skin is very pink and I have rosacea which is a pain in the backside. Dh has a little more color to him and tans better.
iVillage Member
I hope this kiddo is exactly like his dad physically, except I would love for him to have my green eyes. Personality-wise, also hoping for daddy's personality! lol I was an absolute hellion for a long time, whereas my hubby actually remembers the only B he ever got in a class, plus was star all-round sports player, small town hero blah blah blah. However, this does make him an arrogant S.O.B on occasion, so we can skip that trait being passed on....
iVillage Member
I hope this baby gets my light blue eyes and DH's almost black hair. I'd prefer my more outgoing personality for this baby and I hope he's an easy baby like I was and Olivia still is. DH has much better teeth and a cute little nose. I have better skin but DH has nicer skin color.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Ok, so i am 99% positive that this baby will have blue eyes, but there is a 1% chance that DH or I could pass on Green which is just fine with me.

iVillage Member
Because my DD is my twin, looks like I made love to myself lol when I concieved her. I'm hoping DH gets his little twin with RJ. DH is just how I love my men, dark, nice hair cut pretty white teeth. (Ever seen the movie, how stella got her groove back??)
Its weird because DH and I are soooo different. He's quiet, layed back, takes a lot to get mad. Me I'm out spoken, stubborn, and will tell u how it is.
iVillage Member
I don't really have any traits that I specifically want this one to have, but I do know that I would prefer for him to NOT get DH's temper like DS1 did! That little boy can have a temper at times, just like his daddy, and I don't like it!

Photobucket