What will you do?

iVillage Member
What will you do?
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 1:00pm
What will you do to help with getting this baby out?
What are you going to try to attempt to induce this on ur own?
What have you tried in the past, did it work?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 1:22pm

I'm actually going to walk a lot and stay active.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 1:27pm

If Addie hasn't come after Thanksgiving then I am definitely going to start trying things at home to get her out. With Nate I heard if you eat pineapple you will go into labor, so I tried one night. I ate so much pineapple lol, next morning I woke up in labor and had him a few hours later. So I will definitely be doing that again!!! I am also going to start pumping, nipple stimulation is supposed to work and my boobs are already so sore from having lots of colostrum so I'm gonna start pumping the heck out of em lol. Also sex is a good one that will we definitely put to use, even though I am so big and uncomfortable. At that point I don't care if I get anything out of it lol, just get that cervix ripener in there and let me be. We also have stairs in the house so I plan on putting those to good use and walking up and down them as much as I possibly can, and walking in general.

One thing I do NOT recommend is castor oil. I tried that with JJ, it didn't work, it only made me a miserable mess. Plus I have read (recently) that there are some risks in using that to induce labor.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 2:54pm

I'm glad the pineapple worked for you.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 3:42pm

Jayla, you totally took my QOTW for tomorrow!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 4:38pm

Every once in a while I visualize my cervix as a flower that is blossoming (read about that in an article somewhere).

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 4:44pm
I plan to do some visualization too! I did do accupuncture/visualization during my IUI and it certainly did not hurt the situation.
As to the sex part my DH and I have certainly not been stagnant on that so I am not sure how much it will help now.
However I am also cooking Thanksgiving (it is my holiday!) and so I plan on holding out trying anything until after that. As Thanksgiving is tied for my favorite holiday with Christmas. Lol

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 6:26pm
Nothing in particular. Im with some of you on the sex thing though, its only bc it could help progress things! Now if someone told me "x WILL start labor" Id do it! I will let dr strip membranes at 39 weeks though if baby is still hanging in there, it could help or not. Hanging in there best I can. My water broke at 38 & 2 days with my last & no warnings or signs whatsoever...so who knows!
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 6:38pm
I dont know nothing about stripping membranes. Did it hurt?
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:07pm
I'll probably wait until I'm 38 weeks, but things like walking, sitting on a yoga ball, sex are things I might try. However, I am completely convinced that a foot/ankle massage helped put me into labor with my first one. I was a week late and hadn't had ANY contractions at all (not even during my NST...none showed at all on the monitor, lol)....my friend gave me a foot/ankle massage and concentrated on pressure points and by the time she was done I was having contractions. About an hour or so later they started coming at regular intervals, and my son was born that night (well, technically 3:21am the next morning). So, yeah, I'm definitely gonna be trying that again if need be.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:23pm

I'll go to the hospital, get stabbed in the back, pee in a plastic bag and lie on a table in a freezing cold room. The only part I'll do on my own is buckle my seat belt because DH will drive and the Drs/nurses will do the rest. I've done this exact routine before and it worked like a charm! :)

Photobucket

Pages