Who will be in the delivery room with you?

iVillage Member
Who will be in the delivery room with you?
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 9:07am

Who will be in the delivery room with you when you give birth?

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 11:34am
You know, I have no idea other than my DH this time. With my DS, I had my DH, my mom, and one of our good friends in the room (she had been studying to be a midwife, so she was full of great tips/suggestions during the pain). I don't think my mom will be able to be in there with me this time, as someone will have to stay with my DS. DH will definitely be in the delivery room with me, though. If I can get some other family members to come over when this baby comes, maybe my mom can be in the room with me again. I know that she was a big point of support for my DH, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 11:46am

BF and I have discussed this once.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 12:00pm
It will be just dh in the room with me. My mom is on call though and comes to the hospital (she's about an hour away) once she gets a call from dh and in order to give us privacy she waits until after the baby is born before coming in.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 1:10pm
With my son, my first husband was the only one in the l & d room with me and we didn't have any visitors until the following day. I wish now that my mom had been there because my husband wasn't very helpful during my laboring process, in fact he fell asleep in the recliner and was snoring very loudly (so that the nurses would come in laughing because they could hear him down the hall!). It would have been nice to have my mom there to talk to and help me relax.

This time though, with my new DH I would HOPE that things go better this time!! LOL He's not very good when people get sick or hurt though, he's just such a typical man when it comes to that and he acts awkward, though he's wonderful and patient when it comes to everything else! LOL I guess I'll wait and see as we get closer and maybe I'll have my mom with us too?
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 1:27pm
With my daughter it was my dh and sister. This time it will be dh and my mom.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 1:35pm
I'm having DH in there as well as my Doula. I'm only allowed to have 2 people in there, so that's it :) We live in the same town as my parents and 2 hours away from DH's parents, so they'll all be anxiously awaiting in the hospital.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 1:52pm

I'm having another c-section but DH will be in there with me like he was the first time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 3:47pm

In the past its been DH and my mom. This time though, I'm not sure if my mom will be here in time or not. DH and DD will definitely be in the room. DD will be just a month shy of being 11 and she wants to be there. I think she is old enough to do so. She will also be cutting the cord with the help of daddy. I think it will be awesome for my first to cut the cord of my last. My Mom will be in the room if she is here in time, or makes it fomr CA to CO before I deliver.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 4:50pm

Our plan is for it to be just me and DH. I'd be ok with my mom or sister coming in when/if we're just waiting for the good stuff to start. But when it's push time, I want it to be just my DH and me. Although, I think my husband would like my sister to be on-hand if need be (he's worried he'll pass out :-) )

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 5:32pm

Oh definitely just DH for me!! With DS, DH wanted me to have a friend with us or my mom and I said No Way!! I don't need anyone else seeing all of THAT area!! haha.

Pages