Woohoo! Connor learned how to crawl today!

iVillage Member
Woohoo! Connor learned how to crawl today!
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 12:22pm

He's been "army crawling" for quite a few weeks now, but today he decided to try staying up on his hands and knees, and he did it! He was a bit unsteady and slow (much slower than he is at army crawling, lol), but he did it! And, I was able to get some video of it, too. However, thinking about it more, I'm not sure I'm so happy he's properly crawling already! It's already hard enough to keep him out of things!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 7:35pm
Good job Connor. RJ is so fast with his crawling, u better watch out for once he gets the hang of it.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 5:45pm

I've read that too, but I used one with DS and he started walking super early, so I don't think that is always the case.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I didn't know that about walkers! He's only in it a bit at my parent's and we don't have anything like that at our house, but I'll let them know too not to keep him in it too long.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 8:25am
Julie, don't use the walker too much with Dillon. They actually aren't good for babies and can delay walking. Something about keeping their hips in the wrong position.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:55pm
Wow Connor... good job! My son was like that. Go go go! He walked at 9 1/2-10 months. Ella moves at her own pace-granny :smileyhappy: Shes just so laid back & in no hurry to do stuff.
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 12:05pm
I can't believe how big our babies are getting!! Dillon has been crawling and getting into everything! He pulls himself up on the furniture and yesterday pulled over a basket of laundry on himself. My parents have a walker at their house and he just started this week being able to move himself around the rooms in it (before he'd just sit back in it or maybe push himself backwards). Now he's moving all over in it and turning around to follow the other kids. He started this week moving from piece to piece standing up, like from the sofa to the ottoman. I'm pretty sure he'll be walking soon! Soooo not ready for that!!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 10:39am
Connor is already starting to pull up, too. I have a funny feeling he is going to be walking sometime between 8 and 9 months. Yesterday I was cooking dinner and DH called for me to look, and Connor had pulled himself up using the footstool in the living room! He's still a bit unsteady when he does it, but he's getting better and better all the time. He still mostly army crawls, though, lol. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to having two kids walking.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 12:41pm

Yay Connor!!!  Ali Claire is still army crawling but is pretty fast which means she's into everything!  It is way harder this time around b/c DS has all sorts of toys with little parts (i.e. legos!) which of course she makes  bee-line for and immediately tries to put in her mouth.  I'm not sure if she will end up properly crawling or not b/c DS never did, he just went straight to walking around 9 1/2 months.  I'm really hoping she doesn't do that too b/c I have a feeling that two mobile kids is going to be a lot tougher than one!

Photobucket