Drinking Wine During Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Drinking Wine During Pregnancy?
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 9:02am

Newly-pregnant Hudson, out to dinner in Argentina with her rocker boyfriend Matt Bellamy and U2’s Bono and The Edge, was recently spotted sipping on what we can only imagine <> was a very tasty Malbec.

Pregnant Kate Hudson Spotted Drinking Wine-- Is That OK?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-kate-hudson-spotted-drinking-wine-ok/6-a-338650?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

How do you feel about drinking a glass of wine on occasion during pregnancy?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 10:02pm
No way. Period.

After experiencing the loss that I have, I am very careful about what I eat, what I drink, what medicine I take (only my high bp med and that's it, I try not to even take tylenol), and what I do. I am probably at the far end of extreme as to "precautions" but in my mind, if something happens, God forbid again, I don't want to look back and think even for one single second that it could have been something I did. Simply put, no way.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-05-2011 - 7:16pm
Why bother? Ill pass
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-29-2011 - 10:53am
As a special ed teacher to severely handicapped high school kids I see the effect alcohol has on the brain. Is one glass of wine okay through out the entire pregnancy? Maybe, but to me it still isn't worth the risk. I have students who look perfectly normal, but they can't control their emotions, are at a 1st and 2nd grade level in high school, and have way too many psychological issues. Besides, I don't think most people could stop at one glass throughout 9 whole months. Also, like a pp said, after you have lost babies it is so easy to blame yourself for anything that might go wrong. I couldn't live with that. As it is, I blame myself for my son's genetic condition even though we had no previous knowledge that either of us could be carriers and there is nothing either of us did to actually cause it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 8:50am
I wouldn't risk it for one second. Theses babies are depending on mom to make good choices for them.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-29-2011 - 9:48pm
I don't usually drink wine, and don't drink that much anyway. But, when I was pregnant with my son, I did have a glass of wine or two.....well, ok, a part of a glass of wine since after about 3-4 sips I don't like the taste of it anymore, lol. My OB office has said they consider up to 3 alcoholic drinks OVER THE COURSE OF AN ENTIRE PREGNANCY to be safe (and not mixed drinks...like a regular glass of wine/beer). They stress that it doesn't mean three drinks in one night, but spaced over the whole pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my DS, we went to Disney for a week. One evening for dinner we ate at the Italian restaurant in Epcot, and for some reason I really wanted a glass of wine....so I ordered one. I don't think I even drank half of it, but that half tasted good and believe me, it had absolutely NO ill effects on my DS, lol. The boy is smart as a whip and healthy as can be.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-26-2011 - 5:35pm
Since there's no 'safe' level of alcohol that has been determined for pregnant women, that's a no for me. And its too easy for many women to go overboard. I know the area I come from has a lot of very young moms who drink adn do drugs and smoke while pregnant, and saying 1 glass of wine is ok would mean to them that geting drunk is ok.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 8:37pm
A friend of mines kept saying oh u can have wine!! Yea that's because its not her that's carrying a baby! I wouldn't dare risk it. I don't drink but if I hung out with friends I would grab something simple... but while pregnant, they can forget it.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 11:10pm
I definitely would not do it, for a couple of reasons. 1, its not worth it. After losing 2 babies with in the last year, I would not risk anything, not even 1 sip of wine. I would feel TERRIBLE and blame myself if something then happened. And 2, I do not drink any ways, I hate the taste of alcohol so its not even a temptation for me.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 10:03am

I wouldn't do it, because I don't drink at all.

Michelle due 2/12/10 w/#4