Not Vaccinating Is Reckless?

iVillage Member
Not Vaccinating Is Reckless?
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 1:27pm

The "profile" of the non-vax parent is middle-class, college educated and web-savvy, she said.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 4:43pm

YES! My baby has already had her vaccinations at two months all on time with no reactions besides a low grade fever. I actually just read about a girl whos newborn was exposed to pertussis. How you ask? Her friend who was too careless to vaccinate her 2 year old daughter because she didn't want to expose her to all of the 'chemicals' came by to visit, a week later the 2 year old was hospitalized because she had caught it. Thank goodness the newborn never got it but could you imagine if she did? Why would you CHOOSE to have your child suffer, to have other helpless babies suffer?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 7:07pm
I have to agree with this. My boy has all his vaccines on time, an no reaction out of him other than a single angry scream for each shot. Not even a low grade fever. Hubby and I had all our vaccines on time and are fine; it's the kids that are carrying some preventable virus that scare me. Apparently they also scare our pediatrician. He has a separate waiting area for modified-vaccine-schedule children and rarely will accept a child with a modified schedule. If it makes our pediatrician that nervous that he feels he needs to separate those few kids so they don't pass on anything, it sure as heck makes ME nervous!