Video Cameras Banned From Delivery Room?

iVillage Member
Video Cameras Banned From Delivery Room?
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 8:37am

But now many hospitals have decided that recording in the delivery is off-limits. Supporters of the ban say that doctors and nurses are busy focusing on the health of mother and baby, and if something goes wrong, cameras can be a witness. This means video cameras can force doctors to practice defensive medicine.

New parents often dream of capturing the first moment baby arrives on video. (Heck, where daddy should be standing to get the “perfect angle" is sometimes part of the birth plan!) Because in the blur of delivery, those early details – the first time the little one cries; the first time Mom holds him – are hard to remember.

Should hospitals ban video cameras from delivery room?-

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 7:28pm

We used a video camera with all 3 of my kids births and plan on doing the same with this baby :) same hospital so unless they changed the rules, it shouldn't be a problem :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 7:54pm
The hospital I delivered my DS at has a no video camera policy. Or at least did last time (2 years ago) so I'm sure it's the same this time too. It doesn't bother me that much really. We are allowed to take still pictures though, so this time I'm going to remember to bring the camera in instead of leaving it in the bags in the car....DH used his phone to get a few pics right after the birth though.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 10:41pm
This would not bother me as I am fan of still pictures more then videos. I do not think I would watch the video ever to be honest. We never taped our wedding either but I love all the regular pictures.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009