ER tonight with no relief from jaw pain

iVillage Member
ER tonight with no relief from jaw pain
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 2:34am

I broke down and went to the ER this evening, My other tooth started acting up and my entire right side of my jaw, top and bottom was/is in excruciating pain. I've tried all the home rememdies too. Anyhow I didn't have to wait long but I only ended up with a script for antibiotics, which is good bc I need them but I'm getting absolutely NO relief from this pain I've had since the wee hours of YESTERDAY morn. Ther er doc was not comfortable giving me anything else, said he looked it up and nothing up from tylenol is proven safe or is the category where the harm to the fetus is unknown. (his wife is apparently pregnant so I'm glad he was cautious) But I thought they could give me something. It's awful. I need to work, well today but I did yesterday and wow was it hard bc honestly NO relief. Tylenol will take th edge off for about 10 minutes honestly. We are supposed to go on vacation next week too, Disney of all places so I've got to figure this out. I'm praying if I can get through this day it'll start tapering off, I'm just scared. Praying ladies, I need it. Thank you.

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 3:40am

oh no, I am so sorry. Hopefully the antis will help with the pain in that maybe if the infection clears up the pain will as well. Sending lots of P&PTs and get weel soon / feel better soon (((VIBES)))

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 5:42am
Oh I hope it gets better soon. My sister had terrible teeth problems while pregnant and was on antibiotics nearly the whole time. I hope you feel better for Disney I would be so upset if I was too miserable to eat while there.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 8:45am

I hope the antibiotics kick in and you get some relief.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 5:39pm
What is the issue with the tooth and have you contacted your dentist? Have you contacted ur OB to get a dental release. I have my dental release and it has a list of what I can take and can't. Also what dentist can give me while pregnant. During the week of my last appt I believe my wisdom tooth was cutting into my gums so I got my dental release.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 9:44pm

I got into a dentist today praise the Lord!!! I had an appt for Friday at 8

Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !