Possible m/c & question for those who have m/c & early u/s

iVillage Member
Possible m/c & question for those who have m/c & early u/s
Sun, 05-01-2011 - 12:22am

So I know when I ovulated...I was charting and doing opk's.

iVillage Member
I'm glad your second u/s went well, Leanne. That's really good news! Unforunately I have had some light spotting the past 2 days, so now I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end and wish Monday was here and over with.
iVillage Member

I went in last week expecting to see 7wk1day and it was a sac measuring 5wk5days. they said if i was really 5wk5days that would be normal, but they had expected me to be wk1day. They took the hormone levels twice to see if it doubled and it did, so now im waiting til Wed to see if they see a baby in there...

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
I hope everything goes well for you! If you weren't sure of when you ovulated, things could very well be fine. Waiting sucks, hang in there.
iVillage Member
Well, today the u/s showed me at 5 weeks 4 days, and even though we saw the heartbeat flickering away, I am bleeding now and basically just waiting to m/c. This is now my 2nd m/c over the past 5 months. I have 3 healthy children, all easily conceived, no m/c before these recent two m/c. I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong w/me! Has anyone else had 2 in a row and then gone on to have healthy pregnancy soon after that?
iVillage Member

Sydney I am so sorry.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Well, the baby only grew from 5 weeks 1 day to 5 weeks 4 days in a week and a half. That is not normal growth, plus we are certain on my ovulation date (should be almost 9 weeks now). I wasn't expecting to see a HB either, so that was hard & strange to think now I willl just miscarry. Thanks for holding out hope...unfortunately the bleeding is heavier now & I think this is definately it. I will be trying again though...third time has got to be a charm, right?
iVillage Member

I am so sorry Sydney (((((HUGE HUGS))))). I lost 2 babies between my boys. JJ was born in March 03, M/C Dec 03, M/C Aug 04 Nate born in Dec 05. Hopefully #3 will be a charm for you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Sydney, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. I've had one m/c before, at 7 weeks, and went on to have a healthy baby after that. I hope this will give you some hope. Sending you big hugs and positive vibes.

Trish

iVillage Member
My first two pregnancies were m/c. Both were at 7 1/2 weeks. With my 3rd pregnancy, and since then, I have been on progesterone suppositories from the moment I got a bfp to approximately 12 weeks. Both my 3rd and 4th pregnancies resulted in healthy babies and now that I'm on progesterone for the third time I'm hoping for another healthy baby. So far, so good.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Just because you are sure on your dates doesnt mean that the baby is just growing a little slower which would put your dates behind a little or the fact that your body could have ovulated later then you thought which would also put your dates off I think until you start spotting or you have the second ultrasound you shouldnt worry to much! if you didnt want to wait til then you could ask your dr to check your hcg levels and see if they are going up like they are suppose to
Lilypie - Personal picture