Possible m/c & question for those who have m/c & early u/s

iVillage Member
Possible m/c & question for those who have m/c & early u/s
Sun, 05-01-2011 - 12:22am

So I know when I ovulated...I was charting and doing opk's.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sydney,
I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I have also had those early miscarriages. With one of mine I was supposed to be 8 1/2 weeks and was only measuring 7w3d. With my second I was supposed to be 9 weeks and only measuring 7w4d. With the first I had started spotting and then began having heavy bleedingwithin a few days. With the second one I had gone in for an ultrasound expecting to see the heartbeat and we were gravely disappointed. I ended up having to have a d&c at about 13 weeks because my body did not expel the pregnancy. No matter what, I wish you luck. There is a possibility that things are slightly off (fingers crossed). Lots of huge and well wishes.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thanks for the reply. I do think this is not going to end well, I kinda just wish my body would take care of it, don't want it to drag on, you know? I'll have a teeny glimmer of hope, but think the dating just couldn't be that off.
iVillage Member
Did you have bloodwork to confirm O before you started the progesterone? I too am taking progesterone suppositories and oral progesterone too. Are they still monitoring your progesterone? I have mine checked weekly.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Hi there, I too wish I had some positive news for you. About 2 years ago, I was pretty sure on my O date, got pregnant. and had an u/s around 6 weeks because I was spotting. Saw nothing but a gestational sac. Went back in 2 weeks for a follow up and still nothing. They called it a blighted ovum. Where the egg implants and basically disintegrates pretty quickly, but the placenta continues to produce hormones for a little while. She gave me the option for a d & c or to naturally m/c I thought about it for a week or so and then scheduled it for the next week. The day before I was supposed to go in (I was going on 12 weeks at that point) I naturally m/c. It was a horrible experience though (hemorrhaged). So if it ever happens again, i am totally doing a d&c.

that being said.. I HAVE heard of women being correct on their dates and going back for a follow up and seeing a baby! Don't give up til your next ultrasound. I know its hard but try!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
No, didn't confirm O by bloodwork. They're not monitoring it either.
iVillage Member
Thanks for the reply and advice. I think I will try and keep that glimmer of hope, but I am more of a realist anyway. I think I would get a d&c so not to prolong things...plus we are moving soon and my insurance is all going to change, and just want things to be totally taken care of before the move. Ugh, this really sucks.
iVillage Member

Oh Syd I'm so sorry you are having to go through this agony. I pray everything is fine for you!!

iVillage Member

Sydney, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. I don't have much info to help you out. I had a m/c at 7 weeks, but didn't have an u/s until the m/c had already started naturally. When they did the u/s, they didn't see anything in my uterus. One sign that the m/c was impending though was that my hcg levels weren't doubling and weren't very high from the very beginning.

I'm sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes. Keep your head up.

Trish

iVillage Member
Sorry to hear. My first pregnancy US at 11 weeks didn't show a heartbeat. I had fetal demise and opted for a D and C the following day. The procedure took 25mins and the doctor told me that since evrything was "cleaned out in there" I would have a possibly easier time getting pregnant. He was right because three months later I was pregnant for DS. Positive thoughts to you and keep us posted!
iVillage Member

I've been going through a similar situation.

Pages