Prayers for 4 y.o. son

iVillage Member
Prayers for 4 y.o. son
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 1:52am

My dear son is one of the bravest and strongest people I know. Since he was 11 months old he has had extremely high fevers every 6-8 weeks lasting anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. This last December he had a fever episode that lasted an entire month. He has been preliminarly diagnosed as having Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF) while we wait for the genetic testing to come back. In the mean time he is going through another fever episode that started on Friday. His fevers are accompanied by stomach inflammation and pain, joint and muscle pain, mouth and throat sores, cough, and lots of nasal discharge, and febrile seizures.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 4:18am
Wow Kim. Your son and your family is going through alot! Is there no medication that he can be on to prevent the fevers from coming? You are right, your son is very brave. I hope they will have a medication for your son even if he has to take daily but can prevent these episodes from occuring. I am going to send some prayers your way!

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 11:12am

Oh wow, my heart is breaking for your poor, sweet little boy. P & PT your way....... BIG ((((hugs)))) to your son.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 1:41pm

My goodness...it sounds like you all have your plates full with your poor son. I dunno what I'd do if one of my kids' fevers ever got that high! Pretty scary stuff indeed!

~Robyn

preview image

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2011 - 8:42pm
Oh Kim my heart is just breaking reading your post. This is so awful. I am sending all the prayers I can muster for your sweet baby boy.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 2:07am
Thank you everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts! Tony's fever finally broke Thursday night/Friday morning. He is still suffering from a lot of joint and bone pain and unfortunately has a cold now, but at least we are out of the woods for a few more weeks with the fevers. His doctor also increased his dosage of the FMF meds to see if his body will start reacting to it because so far he isn't. We should be getting the results of the genetic testing back within the next week so hopefully we'll find out more information then and at least have an idea of exactly what we are up against (or not up against for that matter) and a course of action.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-17-2011 - 1:17pm
I can't imagine going through this. My heart is breaking for you and your DS! Sending lots of P&PT's for you all, and I hope something helps soon!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 11:55am

Kim.....I could have written your post.

Andrea, mom to 9 crazy kids....including our newest editi

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-23-2011 - 3:59pm
Just reading your post has me in tears. Thank you so much for sharing! For the longest time I have thought I was alone. No one else in my family or my husband's family, that we know of, has ever suffered from something like this. Tony's last episode was for just over a week and 5 days of it was suffering from a fever of 106. I will definitely look into the familial pancreatitis as well because I have noticed that certain foods, such as milk, really upset his stomach and will sometimes cause him severe pain. As it is we limit his milk intake to 6 ounces with his cereal each morning because otherwise he is up in the middle of the night screaming in pain. You have given me hope that there is a future for my son that doesn't include constant pain and suffering. Thank you so much!

Photobucket