Head tilt & a rash

iVillage Member
Head tilt & a rash
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 10:02pm
Ive noticed as Ella gets stronger & holds her head better she favors leaning it to the left. Is this normal or ok? Think I should just watch & wait & bring it up if I still notice it at her 4 month chrck up? Also she has a mild rash on her tummy? I was just going to watch & look for any other probs or if it persists. Wwyd?
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 10:04am
Isaac tilts a bit... But I'd say that's because they don't have total neck control yet. Maybe one sides muscles are just getting a little stronger a little quicker!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 2:27pm
Aubrey tilts a bit, too and she is still doing the head bobbing thing. As far as the rash goes, what does it look like? It could be a simple heat rash. If it goes away in a few hours then just keep an eye on the circumstances if/when it returns.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 3:35pm
Maddie has favored one side from the very beginning and the doctor just told us to keep working on it and he checks at appointments for flat spots, etc.

As for the rash, I would call if it gets worse or if other symptoms pop up.
Maureen (Mom to DD 13, DS 8, and Baby Girl) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 3:40pm
William tends to look to the left but can turn his head both directions. I brought it up at his 2 mo check up and the Dr said he wouldn't worry about it yet. Sorry that I can't comment on the rash.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 6:28am

Madelynn was tilting to the right....my aunty noticed it and told me to change her sleeping position, becos she loved sleeping on her right side....i changed it and i have noticed that her neck is beginning to balanced and holding up almost straight....she had a little rash on her back and gold bond medicated powder cleared it like magic.

KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 10:59am
It could be nothing but there is also a condition called torticollis. It probably isn't but I figured I would bring it up just incase. I believe with that condition they can't move their neck much at all. I know Aubrey favors her right side.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 6:36pm
I'd not noticed it until the doctor brought it up at his 2-mo appt, that he tended to look mostly to the left. My husband and I made a point of directing him so that he had more reason to turn his head to the right. He's still bobbleheaded but getting stronger when I have him over my shoulder and turning to look both ways.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-24-2012 - 4:42am
Well the rash is faded but the tilt is still there. She sleeps all sprawled out on her back. I should go check in a min to see which way her head is turned. I did put her in the bumbo yesterday which she did great in & I thought it might help exercise those muscles? Im not overly worried. Just wonder if its something I need to help her with & encourage her to work on. Thanks girls!
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !