Sleep Regression?

iVillage Member
Sleep Regression?
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 4:34pm

Anyone else's baby moving backwards instead of forwards in terms of sleeping?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 5:16pm
Miranda did the same thing. I checked a lot of sites and it is typical for four month olds. Our waking lasted about 2 and a half weeks.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 10:10pm
Yup. It is actually called the 4 month sleep regression, lol. Connor was waking every 2-3 hours or more often for about a week. The past two night, though, he's gone back to a pretty good stretch after he's put down for the night, but after that first waking it is pretty hit or miss as to whether he goes for a while or not before waking again. I have got to stop feeding him every single time he wakes up, though, or we're gonna have the same problems we did with our first and sleep, lol. It was so bad we went to a sleep psychologist!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-21-2012 - 10:48am
So glad I'm not alone. Aubrey has been a terror! She screams before bed and refuses to sleep and then she's been up every 2-3 hrs for the last week and a half. Last night we finally got a 5 hr stretch! She's honestly been a horrible sleeper since birth, I'm hoping to get a full nights sleep sometime soon!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-22-2012 - 8:41am
Nate did that right around 3 mos. luckily it was only for about a week then went back to 1x up at night. This last week he slept thru all the way until at least 6. I think sleep regression is pretty normal between 3-5 months, from everything I've read. It's so frustrating though and it's hard not to panic wondering if that's your new normal (at least it was for me). Hopefully Ali Claire's regression is short-lived! Goog luck!