Worried about new babysitter

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Worried about new babysitter
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 7:34pm
Saturday I am working all day and I am having a young girl I know from work come over to sit. I will be able to stop by and check in at lunchtime, and I know she has experience, but I am so nervous! Is it weird that she asked if her husband can come over too? They are both very young, like 20 something. Will Nattie be scared when two strangers are taking care of her?
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 9:05pm

It's always so hard leaving them with someone new, especially your first one!  I'm sure she will be fine, especially if you know her and she has experience.  I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with her husband coming over too.  If I were you, I would not tell them the exact time you will be stopping by so that they won't plan for you and you can get a true idea of how things are going.  Have Nattie met them yet?  If not, maybe they could stop by sometime tomorrow so that she can at least meet them before they watch her all day.  I'm sure it will be better than you think!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 4:59am
Its hard the first time. I actually used to have my sitter txt me every hour or so in the beginning I could not always respond but the updates were nice. Now my daughter behaves better at the sitters then my house lol.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

Community Leader
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 1:43am

I would be nervous, too!  But babies are resilient.  How did things go?