18 month updates? How many words? Other news?

iVillage Member
18 month updates? How many words? Other news?
Thu, 07-12-2012 - 4:47pm

Now that our SnowPeas are 18 months, how are they growing?

What about talking?

Favorite toys?

Favorite books?

Favorite foods? 

Least favorite foods?

And what has been really great about their summer so far?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Now that our SnowPeas are 18 months, how are they growing? Hello, haven't been here in awhile so thought I'd say hi!! Jackson had his check-up at the beginning of the month...weighed in at 27.5 lbs and 34" tall and off the charts for head (daddy has off the charts for head size too).
What about talking? He's talking up a storm both gibber jabber and words. He repeats (or tries to) everything you say. We had him saying "tater tot" yesterday and DH taught him to say "what did you do?" so now I have to look when he says it because sure enough, while cooking dinner, he was rummaging through the refrigerator and was saying "what did you dooooo?" and blueberries were all over the floor!!! Other than that it's been mommy, daddy, sissy, ca for car and now says puppy for about everything (we are working on recognizing different animals). Num num means he's hungry and milky is anything you can drink. Parky is the park, although it can be mistaken for puppy! He used to make a barking sound when we saw dogs and now graduated to puppy! I did slip at a hockey game in May and said he "oh Sh" word and sure enough he echoed me...ahhh, no more of that!!!
Favorite toys? He loves all his cars, blocks and balls. He loves to throw balls; footballs, balls in general and kicking a soccer ball.
Favorite books? Loves any book you have, but I've had to put them up as he tears them up. He even was able to warp a cardboard one and tore it in half recently...my kids have always been hard on books...guess that's a good thing though.
Favorite foods? Pasta is his absolute favorite with salmon or shrimp! 
Least favorite foods? Not a fan of strawberries or any of the berries now that I think about it!
And what has been really great about their summer so far? Going for walks and rewarding him with a trip to the "parky!" We start a "summer fun" class next week, should be fun! Good to see you ladies and sounds like the babies are growing up fast!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers