Anterior placenta and meds

iVillage Member
Anterior placenta and meds
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 2:06am

Today I got a call from my perinatal care manager (I got one because of the heart condition), asking how I was doing. I had to vent for a couple of minutes and explain that I was so tired.... I mean, not tired like I was at first, that I could usually get by without getting a nap. It's gotten awful, to the point where I can't even do ANYTHING because I can't concentrate or keep my eyes open. I thought it was definitely because of the heart medication I got put on (which, BTW, was not Propanolol- don't know what I was smoking when I decided that, it was Metoprolol or something like that), so we both thought it'd be a good idea to call my cardiologist and ask for something diffrerent, although I knew there wouldn't be much of a choice because there aren't a lot of heart medications you can take that are safe for pregnancy....
So I called the cardiologist and they put me on Digoxin 0.25mg. It works for heart arrythmias (which is what I have, not a blood pressure problem like the Metoprolol was for), and it doesn't have the drowsiness effect that the other one gave me. It's supposed to be safe for pregnancy, but who knows. I just want to feel better, dang it!
Then she asked me about my U/S. I told her I was somehow disappointed that the ER didn't send me a disc with all the pictures they took from the U/S I had there, since we considered that one to be the big 20 week U/S, but she did

Super Mom Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 9:41am

Hope the new meds give you some relief! It is hard enough to be pregnant, not to mention drowsy because of medication -- and not to mention everything else you're taking on with school, work, volunteering for this and that and trying to take care of your DS. You deserve a break!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 9:53am

I also have an anterior placenta. It's been really hard to feel much movement so far but don't lose hope. Yesterday, the movements were crazy! DH and my kids will be able to feel them easily now.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Photobucket
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersPhotobucket