Is anyone else thinking about getting pregnant again?

iVillage Member
Is anyone else thinking about getting pregnant again?
Tue, 05-31-2011 - 2:24pm

Jacob will be 5 months old on Saturday, and yes, I had a c-section.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
We're pretty much thinking along the same lines. I'd love a couple more kids, and bonus if I get to have them all before I'm thirty! I got pregnant with my second when my first was 5 months old, so my family is just waiting for me to tell them I'm pregnant again, haha! I really love having them so close together!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

I'll actually be 37 this year and was hoping to be done by 40, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I would love to get pregnant anytime. I'm 38 and I want to be done by 40 so I can't wait too long.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Before we Started TTC, I always said I wanted only 1; I even maintained that statement until Sebastian was 10 weeks old. However, then I got up one morning and said I want another. Unfortunately, it took us over 3 years and the price of a mid-level luxury car to have our little guy so I think we're done. Now if I won the lottery tomorrow I would be running back to my RE to start cycling again but barring any miraculous windfall of cash, it would appear that we are one and done.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member

Hugs Isabel.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Hi Cindy,

You are not alone in your quest, perhaps I should be changing my username to "rhondawants4" lol My husband and I have decided that we want 1 more, basically so our daughter has a sibling close in age to grow up with.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I always find this kind of thread interesting. I've been thinking how terrifically in love with my kids I am, but still had so fully imagined James to be a girl, Joy, that that ribbon-wrapped baby girl is still in my head somewhere...and I think DH's too. The funny thing is, DS1 (3 years old) told DH the other day that there was going to be another sister, quite authoritatively. He told us just as authoritatively that this baby was a boy, and I was so sure it was a girl, so who knows?

Anyway, yes, I sort of would love to have another daughter, sort of don't feel complete, though we could be if we had to be, KWIM? I mean, my cup does overflow considering I had a few years of total inability to conceive in a prior marriage, then it took about a year to conceive DD, then it took a year to conceive DS after waiting a year to get AF back...then after DS, my AF didn't return for 2 whole years! I thought menopause was starting! Then poof, out of the blue, 3 erratic cycles, and bang, PG! Wow!
So. We aren't preventing, but hardly get a chance to DTD these days, and I don't expect AF anytime soon.
As for wanting it now, the thing that makes me not want to get pg now is that James is only 5 months old today, and still needs my milk, totally, and both times before, I couldn't stand nursing while pg after the first few weeks. I can't imagine weaning a baby this young, especially when all my kids have dairy allergy and both others so far are allergic to soy also (and before anyone asks, goats milk is not any better..they seem to react to any nonhuman milk).
So my answer is, yes, I am thinking about it, but no, I don't want it happenening before I could safely consider weaning my baby, and that would mean not until this baby is at least close to 2. Which would put me at 40 having one, and would mean I would be a homeschooling mom trying to figure out what activities I could take kids aged 9, 6, 3, and infant, to, together. I guess others figure that out, so I could too, though. I'd be up for it, though sometimes I envy those who have them closer together.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member

Rhonda, my two girls will be 9 and 7 this summer, so that is part of my reasoning as well for wanting a fourth.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Meg, I totally get that.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Same answer as crunchy mama. Exactly. We aren't protecting against yet, and we both know that we should be. But I breastfeed mine till they wean naturally and bf while pregnant sucks ( no pun intended). I also think a bigger age gap is better for the babe, so I'm not in a rush, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of it. Since I didn't get ppaf till 11 months, I hope I have some time left!

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11