apologies for long absence, and update

iVillage Member
apologies for long absence, and update
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:47pm

It looks like we have a small core of really active ladies who have kept the board going. Really, you all are the ones who keep the board going.

We have had a sick year, and lost internet access for a while due to some weird problem that turned out to be on my ISP's end and not mine after all.

We are almost over the latest wheezing coughing fever thing. I'm rethinking how busy we are. Twice-a-week preschool and twice-a-week ballet doesn't sound like much, but the ballet is ALL day on Saturdays with the 4 yo and 1 yo in tow...and James is allergic to CORN amongst other things, which has meant (because corn is in everything, as modified food starch, as "flavorings" as malt, as spices, even as sorbitan monostearate used as a yeast preservative) that I have to make e v e r y t h i n g from scratch, and even drink only German beer (all beer that isn't adhering to German Purity Laws, has corn products in it, apparently) or homebrewed.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 11:52am
Shorter days do matter. Sorry to reiterate what you already knew! My mother lives to do that, and I hope I don't end up that way, but who knows...
Could have been the snowstorm, too. We had what was like Spring in Jan or Feb too this year, and my bulbs came up 2 inches, then the snowstorm. They are in bloom now.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 1:36pm
Thanks! We actually just got blood work back, it's not eggs, but our (awesome) ped says this is fairly normal behavior and *she* has always suspected most children under 2 can't handle egg protein. She suggested baking with eggs and trying that last night, so we did and no issues popped up.

We love our home and it is so great, lol so great SO went from no more kids to TTC
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 12:39pm

Lisa, I agree with what Meg said.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 12:37pm

Ugh on the egg allergy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 2:44am

Yeah, I knew that, but thanks for the reminder.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 3:50pm
Lisa, pardon me if this is old info to you, but chickens always lay less when the days are shorter, and you can offset that with electrical lights in the coops, on timers, to simulate summer. The further north you live, the more that matters.
They can also go off laying if they were scared by something.

Best wishes in the transition back to one income.

-Meg

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 3:36am

Life is pretty good for us.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 4:53pm

We just found out Damien is allergic to eggs, but he can have dairy!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 1:09pm

Dh is on winter layoff (going on 4 weeks now).

Photobucket