Bottle advise?

iVillage Member
Bottle advise?
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 11:03am

I still have a few weeks before I will be returning to work but I am realizing that I have a problem... Jett HATES

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-19-2011 - 8:23pm
We use the nuk bottles that are shaped like Leela's pacifier. She takes them fine as long as we sit her up so the milk isn't pouring into her mouth (even the slow flow nipple seems kind of fast for her). Have you tried different flows and angles of feeding?

Another good idea I've heard is to hold the bottle under your armpit and latch him on to it as if you're breastfeeding. I haven't tried that one out yet but it sounds like a really cool method to me!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 12:04pm
We have the same problem. Part of our issue is that I have really fast flow so we went to med flow nipples which helped a bit. Generally Sebastian just hates them...he wants mommy. I have about 6 different bottles and dr browns med flow has worked best so far. There are bottles that 'look' like a breast -dairy and mumijimi (sp?). I bought an dairy but the flow is too slo. Did't get the other because they're about $18 a piece and I didn't want to waste the $$.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 10:05am

we have the same problem...Justice HATES a bottle and very very rarely will tolerate a paci

i have to take him to school with me because i need him close by to nurse....i guess the bottle isn't really an issue though because I can't get any milk out with a pump, anyway....he's very efficient getting my milk out but the pump won't get hardly anything out lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 3:43pm

Well, after reading lots of advise online, we started a new tactic today with the bottle.

Jennifer . . baby