BTDT Moms: When do you expect to have...

iVillage Member
BTDT Moms: When do you expect to have...
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 12:27pm

BTDT Moms: When do you expect to have your baby?

• around 36 weeks or earlier
  • around 37 weeks
  • around 38 weeks
  • around 39 weeks
  • around 40 weeks
  • around 41 weeks
  • 42 weeks or later

You will be able to change your vote.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 12:30pm
There's kind of an interesting discussion going on in one of the other EC boards about when people expect to have their babies and I just wondered, when do you expect to have your LO and why do you think that?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 12:40pm
I expected my first to come after 40 weeks and that I'd be in labor for days...but he showed up at 38.5 weeks with only five hours of labor. I figure the second one will be eager to make an entrance as well. I hope for full-term and healthy.

-Dawn

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket

-Dawn
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 7:21pm
According to u/s dating, my first was a week late, according to my dating, he was 5 days early. I went to the hopsital to get induced at 41 weeks (according to them) and found out I was already in active labor and didn't know it! I had such an eaaasy delivery and recovery with my first baby that I'm terrified this one is going to go all wrong!! I think he'll show up right around his due date, or a little before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

click to zoom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 9:02pm
I have always gone into labor right at 40 weeks, so I said that. BUt I suppose baby will come when s/he is ready. :)
Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 9:08pm

DD showed up at 39 weeks, but I don't want to get my hopes up by focusing on that.

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 11:44pm

my first baby was born at 38 weeks
second was born at 38 weeks
third was 37 weeks

Now that it is twins and I know I start dilating about 4-5 weeks before the 40 week mark, I am guessing about 36 weeks this time. Also, getting my membranes stripped has worked every time for me. I will be begging the dr. to do this as soon as I am dilated and babies are healthy enough to come out!

Photobucket
Lilypie Maternity tickers
sept 2010 sig
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 11:46pm
My LO is due on January 9 and BOTH of my last two babies were born exactly nine days early so I'm thinking Dec 31. TAX DEDUCTION WOO HOO! :)
Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 7:30pm
Well with DS, I was prepared to go over so I felt lucky to go 10 days early. This time around, I'm expecting to go 2 weeks early or so since I did with DS, and my luck I'll go over! Lol!

chelsea-2

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

chelsea-2

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 4:33pm

I think we'll be pretty close to 40 weeks.

With DD, we knew the conception date and she measured right on at the early ultrasounds. At our 20 weeks, she measured a couple days behind and she was born at 40w5d.

With DS, we also knew the conception date and he measured right on at early U/S. At the 20 week, he measured a couple days ahead and was born at 39w2d.

With this bean, same thing...right on at the early U/S. At the 20 week U/S, I was 19w4d and the measurements ranged from 19w2d to 20w.

I haven't had any pregnancy complications with any of them so I wouldn't have any reason to expect anything but my due date!

Photobucket
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 7:22pm

With my first I never got the chance to find out... I was talked into a 38 week induction for what turned out later to be pretty idiotic reasons, and 38 week inductions also run a 50% chance of ending in cesarean (which I also wasn't told) and I got tails.

But at my HBAC, when 40 weeks came, I got nervous, even though I knew intellectually that even 42 weeks was still perfectly normal and not "late" a bit. I told myself the baby was actually due by Christmas (he was due in November) to stop going nuts... it actually helped!

And what do you know, I went into labor about 3 days past that 40 week mark and had him the same day.

So this time, even though I still am saying that the EDD of January 13th actually translates into "any day in January", from my experience last time, if this homebirth happens similarly to the last one, probably within the same week as the 40 week mark. So, so far with my one spontaneous labor, I was not a "long cooker" like women who routinely go 44 weeks.

It's interesting how there is so much variation in women though, for normal spontaneous labor. I read somewhere that different ethnic groups have different averages, but not sure if that was controlled for only spontaneous natural labor, or if it reflected different rates of inductions. Hopefully they looked at natural onset of labor, for that would be the only thing with genetic significance.
It's cool to think about though.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

Pages