Cmon body, work with me here!

iVillage Member
Cmon body, work with me here!
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 2:48am
41 weeks today. Not a single contraction, no bloody show, no MP, nothing! Gestationally, I started labor with Violet on this day... I thought the second was supposed to come sooner, boo!

I started my NSTs yesterday. The baby is head down, practicing her breathing, rooting for her toes whenever they waved past her face. She's ready! Now I just need my body to get on board!! Ahhhh!
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 8:11am

that's why i love love LOVE my doctor....he woulda induced me by now LOL

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 8:40am

Kate,

If it comforts you to know, I went nearly 42 weeks past LMP with DS last time... the biggest thing women fight in your position is a baseless cultural assumption that pregnancy OUGHT to end by 40 weeks, or at the very outside, it BETTER end by 42 or else... or else what? You aren't a ticking time bomb. The only thing imposing a dread limit of "have the baby by X day or else" on you, is the policies of your paid venue for childbirth... and those policies are paper rules made by people that have little if anything to do with what's really happening on the intimate level of your pregnancy.

But what happens if the first day of Week 42 hits and you still haven't gone into labor? Will they say, "Nope, time's up, you can't have your baby here!"? or will they say "Nope, time's up, you must be induced..." even though they cannot force you to consent to it? They can huff and puff and blow smoke, but in the end, no one can force you to submit to induction without a court order that essentially terminates your right to refuse treatment.

There are also laws binding care providers... it isn't always true that they can drop you from care just for exercising your right to refuse treatment (your right to just continue being a healthy pregnant woman). Sometimes they threaten that for your noncompliance, but whether they can do that by law depends.

If you need to find a source for that info and what you can do (if you are being pushed into something you don't want for reasons you don't agree with), I can recommend going to www.ican-online.org and asking them to help you find what the laws are in your state. That way, the informed decision remains yours, and you aren't at the mercy of whatever they might tell you (which may or may not be factual regarding laws).

You can't choose from among your options if you don't know what they are.

Best wishes, and I hope your situation is simply that you are tired of being pg, not that anyone is trying to force your hand as far as your care and choices are concerned.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 9:06am
They'll let me go to 43 weeks, and I have no intention of fighting an induction at that point! I think I may go nuts and perform an at-home c-section before then, ha. I'm mostly confident that I will delivery before then, but it is so annoying that I've had zero pre-labor at this point!
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 10:09am
I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, so I feel ya babe. I am at least seeing a few strings of plug come out every now and then and I am having a few contractions, but nothing serious. Soon, it will happen soon!!

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-09-2011 - 12:09am
I went 41 weeks with my first and 41 weeks 1 day with my second. Maybe you won't have to wait too much longer!

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-09-2011 - 9:00am

Don't worry, Kate. I know it's unnerving when you see and feel no signs, but I was like that last time, with Michael.... I didn't have "pre-labor" at all, and really, nothing at all happened until the night before I had him, when I went to bed with mild low cramps that felt like the earliest "period is coming" type thing... so mild I really didn't expect anything to come of them. Had him the next day right after lunch.

So it can happen that your body won't give you a lot of preamble before the event. It's hard either way, because look at me this time, going bananas wondering because I had so MUCH preamlbe, and apparently a couple of weeks of feeling it could be 'any day now' sort of *was* my early labor... and then when it happened, POW, right into hard active labor and transition!

Looking back, it's hard to say which I would rather have if there were a next time. I'm glad no one is trying to cut you off artificially, and the odds are very much in favor, statistically, of you going into labor before 43 weeks... but you have my sympathy for feeling increasingly like staying pregnant much longer doesn't look appealing!

Hoping prelabor happens for you soon, so you will have a sign!

We were definitely DTD including hard nip stim this time... I wonder if that helped get the ball rolling? Some say yes, others no.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com