Complaining Snow Peas!

iVillage Member
Complaining Snow Peas!
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 5:28pm

Does anyone else's Snow Pea tend to complain alot? Ronan just figured out that if he say's something hurts that he'll get extra attention. Of course, me being the obsessive worrier I am, I get nervous thinking that his complaints really are real. I'm pretty sure he complains of back pains because I do (my pregnancy with Ronan totally destroyed my back, and I have some major problems with it!) he also tells me his feet hurt (he hates shoes and will never wear them) and today he told me his pants hurt because they had come unrolled and he was stepping on them! He just had an x-ray last month because we thought he swallowed a tack- the x-ray was perfect and the dr. declared him perfectly fine, so I'm hoping this is just a phase. I think my oldest son did the same thing (only with him it was his tummy, and those "aches" went away and never came  back. Anybody else going through this? Maybe this is a little form of jealousy, since he's the middle kid?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:34am

My snow pea refuses to talk, though his comprehension is through the roof, lol.  He's just a quiet guy when it comes to speech.  My 8 year old, on the other hand, is outspoken about everything hurting her.  She's got more aches and pains then a 70 year old.  And being a second, I think it's her way of getting attention and trying to stand out from the middle.  She doesn't feel quite as helpful as the oldest, and doesn't get away with tantrums like the third.  Sigh.  Hang in there.  Sometimes you just have to remind them that if they're in that much pain, they won't get to do fun things (hard with a 2 year old, but it works with my 8 year old).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 2:07pm
I'm glad you said that! And I do remind myself that if Ronan was seriously hurting, he wouldn't spend 99% of the day running, jumping, wrestling, etc. I do think it is a ploy for attention-last night he told me his hands hurt because his sleeves were covering them!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers